After the Baltimore Ravens lost on Sunday afternoon, their record fell to 8-4. They were previously in first place in the conference, but their conference record is worse than New England and Tennessee Titans (8-4), so the Patriots are number one for now followed by the Titans then Ravens as of right now. The Kansas City Chiefs can also get to 8-4 with a win on Sunday night, but they have the worst conference record of all the potential 8-4 teams, so they will be fourth in any scenario at that record.
If the Bills win on Monday, they will be 8-4 to join the party atop the AFC while the Patriots drop to 8-5. The Titans would be first, the Bills second, and the Ravens third, and if they win, the Chiefs fourth.
In the standings below, division leaders are listed in the 1-4 slots.
Current standings prior to Sunday night
- New England Patriots (8-4, 6-1 AFC)
- Tennessee Titans (8-4, 5-3 AFC)
- Baltimore Ravens (8-4, 5-4 AFC, win over KC)
- Kansas City Chiefs (8-4, losses to TEN & BAL)
- Buffalo Bills (7-4)
- Los Angeles Chargers (7-5, win over CIN)
- Cincinnati Bengals (7-5, loss to LAC)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (6-5-1)
- Indianapolis Colts (7-6)
- Las Vegas Raiders (6-6, 4-3 AFC, win over DEN)
- Cleveland Browns (6-6, 3-5 AFC, win over DEN)
- Denver Broncos (6-6, loss to CLE & LVR)
- Miami Dolphins (6-7)
- New York Jets (3-9)
- Houston Texans (2-10, 2-7)++
- Jacksonville Jaguars (2-10)
++ Houston is eliminated from the postseason