We’re back, baby! The Buffalo Bills reported to training camp on Tuesday and their first practice was at One Bills Drive on Wednesday with their second Thursday morning. It’s just helmets and shorts right now, and the press is very limited in what they are allowed to share, but they are back just the same.
Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane spoke with the media earlier in the week followed by head coach Sean McDermott. After practices, QB Josh Allen, WR Cole Beasley, WR Stefon Diggs, and WR Emmanuel Sanders have all had press sessions.
I’ve included the Bills Reporters Twitter list to follow along with the updates from the local beat reporters. Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier speaks at 9:15 Friday morning.
The biggest camp news so far:
- Jerry Hughes starts the year on NF-I with a calf strain.
- Ike Boettger and Dion Dawkins begin camp on the Reserve/COVID-19 list. Rookie Spencer Brown has been the starting left tackle based on images we’ve seen.
- All the Bills coaches are vaccinated.
- 80 percent-plus of Bills players are vaccinated.
- Josh Allen has looked very good in throwing drills, so much that Emmanuel Sanders said he’s throwing passes he’s never seen before. (And that dude has caught passes from three Hall of Famers.)