We’re back, baby! The Buffalo Bills reported to training camp on Tuesday. Saturday marks the conclusion of their first four-day set of practices and THE RETURN OF FANS TO TRAINING CAMP for the first time since 2019. It’s just helmets and shorts right now, and the press is very limited in what they are allowed to share, but they are back just the same. With fans in the stands, maybe we’ll get more info today.
Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane spoke with the media earlier in the week followed by head coach Sean McDermott. Defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier has met with the media and after practices, QB Josh Allen, WR Cole Beasley, WR Stefon Diggs, WR Emmanuel Sanders, S Jordan Poyer, S Micah Hyde, and CB Tre’Davious White have all had press sessions.
I’ve included the Bills Reporters Twitter list to follow along with the updates from the local beat reporters.
The biggest camp news so far:
- Jerry Hughes starts the year on NF-I with a calf strain.
- Ike Boettger and Dion Dawkins begin camp on the Reserve/COVID-19 list. Rookie Spencer Brown has been the starting left tackle based on images we’ve seen.
- All the Bills coaches are vaccinated.
- 80 percent-plus of Bills players are vaccinated.
- Josh Allen has looked very good in throwing drills, so much that Emmanuel Sanders said he’s throwing passes he’s never seen before. (And that dude has caught passes from three Hall of Famers.)