There was plenty to like and plenty of areas where the Bills can improve, and on the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast, hosts John Boccacino and Jamie D’Amico give you their thoughts on what they liked and what they didn’t like after Buffalo’s preseason-opening win.
Among the players who made a favorable impression on our podcasters:
- Rookie edge rusher Greg Rousseau, who came up with a first-quarter sack and added three quarterback hurries on 11 pass rush snaps.
- Linebacker Andre Smith was all over the field, making eight tackles and an acrobatic interception that was negated by a roughing the passer penalty.
- Running back Devin Singletary, who averaged 5.3 yards per carry in rushing for 42 yards and adding a six-yard touchdown catch.
- Quarterbacks Davis Webb and Jake Fromm, who combined to complete 19 of 29 passes for 155 yards with one TD and no turnovers.
- Kicker Tyler Bass, who drilled the game-winning field goal and finished with 10 points (three field goals, one extra point).
- Safeties Josh Thomas and Damar Hamlin, who are both vying for spots on the 53-man roster behind starters Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer.
Those whose performances were less than stellar included:
- Tackle Bobby Hart, who allowed Detroit’s pass rushers to constantly get after Webb and Fromm.
- Cornerbacks Dane Jackson and Siran Neal, who both struggled in pass coverage.
- Edge rusher Carlos “Boogie” Basham Jr., who was not impactful as a pass rusher and struggled going up against Detroit’s second- and third-team offensive linemen.
Check out the latest Billieve Podcast for Boccacino and D’Amico’s thoughts on what stood out to them from the win over the Lions, then join the conversation by leaving your thoughts in the comments section below.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Code of Conduct with J. Spence, The Bruce Exclusive, Buff Hub, Jamie D. and Big Newt, The Mafia Mavens, The Overreaction Sports Podcast, Food for Thought, and Circling the Wagons:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone
Ask Alexa or Google Home to play the Buffalo Rumblings podcast!
If you like our show, tell a friend and spread the word!
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this in Apple News, you’ll need to head to your podcast app or phone’s web browser to hear the embedded audio file.