The Buffalo Bills are banking on a big year from starting left tackle Dion Dawkins, who recently started participating in individual position work following his activation last week from the NFL’s reserve/COVID-19 list.
We start off today’s edition of the Bills links with head coach Sean McDermott providing a status update on Dawkins, who, according to his head coach, faces a “long road” until he’s back at full speed.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills release five to get to new roster limit - Buffalo Rumblings
- Billieve: What stood out from Buffalo Bills’ 16-15 win over Detroit - Buffalo Rumblings
- Circling the Wagons: Bills/Lions observations and more preseason talk - Buffalo Rumblings
- 90 Buffalo Bills scouting reports in 90 days: cornerback Tre’Davious White - Buffalo Rumblings
- Four Downs: Embracing the Gregory Rousseau hype train - Buffalo Rumblings
- Two Buffalo Bills in first batch of 2021 NFL 100 players - Buffalo Rumblings
- 90 Buffalo Bills scouting reports in 90 days: defensive end Jerry Hughes - Buffalo Rumblings
- The forgotten position battle: Bills backup safety spot is one to watch - Buffalo Rumblings
- Wingin’ It: Preseason Crowdsourcing - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Sean McDermott gives an update on LT Dion Dawkins
The Buffalo Bills saw star left tackle Dion Dawkins return to the team after he was activated from the NFL’s reserve/COVID-19 list last week. But, as McDermott said during a press conference, Dawkins is “not close to where he needs to be” to be back at left tackle.
- Observations: Sean McDermott on Dion Dawkins – ‘he’s not close to where he needs to be’ | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- McDermott: Dion Dawkins has ‘a long road here’ after returning from Covid-19 list | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills’ Dion Dawkins participates on day 13 of camp, ‘long road’ remains (7 observations) - newyorkupstate.com
- 3 things we learned from Sean McDermott’s press conference - BuffaloBills.com
Bills release five players as part of first round of cuts
Before Tuesday’s roster cuts, the Bills released five players from their roster, including three members of the offensive line.
- Buffalo Bills release 5 players ahead of NFL’s first cut down deadline - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills release five players on Sunday - WGR 550
DE Jerry Hughes serving as mentor to young edge rushers
Jerry Hughes is the longest-tenured member of the Bills. With a youth movement that includes 2020 second-round pick A.J. Epenesa and 2021 first- and second-rounders Greg Rousseau and Carlos “Boogie” Basham Jr., Hughes is embracing his role mentoring the young talent on Buffalo’s defensive line.
- Entering his 12th season, Bills DE Jerry Hughes has learned the value of patience | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- How Jerry Hughes is leading a group full of young talent - BuffaloBills.com
Why renovating Highmark Stadium isn’t realistic
Highmark Stadium was built in 1972 and, according to representatives from Pegula Sports & Entertainment, it features plenty of pressing issues and safety concerns. They say a wholesale renovation of Highmark Stadium would cost at least $1 billion, compared to an estimated cost of $1.4 billion to build a new stadium.
- Pegula executives: Renovating Highmark Stadium for Bills is ‘just not realistic’ | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills owners committed to paying for portion of proposed stadium’s costs - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
Odds and ends
See who is on the rise and who is on the decline following Buffalo’s 16-15 win over the Detroit Lions in Week 1 of the preseason, learn how tight end Dawson Knox believes attending Tight End University will lead to noticeable improvements this year, discover where cornerback Tre’Davious White and wide receiver Cole Beasley rank on the NFL’s Top 100 players, and more.
- Capaccio: Arrow Up/Arrow Down: Bills at Lions preseason - WGR 550
- Dawson Knox believes he’ll benefit from attending Tight End University - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills’ Tre’Davious White at No. 95, Cole Beasley at No. 96 as NFL Top 100 countdown begins | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Jim Kubiak: What we learned about backup quarterbacks in preseason opener | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com