The Buffalo Bills are back for week four of training camp following their preseason opener against the Detroit Lions. Sunday was their first afternoon practice of camp after 10 a.m. starts throughout July and August. They are back in the mornings now.
I’ve included the Bills Reporters Twitter list to follow along with the updates from the local beat reporters.
The biggest camp news right now:
- WR Stefon Diggs has missed a week with a knee injury. How serious is the injury?
- Starting left tackle Dion Dawkins returned from the COVID-19 list last week but hasn’t taken part in a full practice yet. Sean McDermott kind of called him out on Sunday.
- The Bills released five players on Sunday to get to 86 before Tuesday’s deadline.
- Levi Wallace is clearly in the lead for the CB2 job opposite Tre’Davious White.
- The KR/PR job seems to be wrapped up by Isaiah McKenzie.
- Tyrel Dodson is in the lead for the depth linebacker spots.
- WR Marquez Stevenson was trending down but had a nice play to set up Friday’s game-winner.
- The defensive line competition is heating up and Greg Rousseau staked his claim to an increased role Friday night.
- Jon Feliciano didn’t play Friday night, safe in his job. Cody Ford played well and Ike Boettger is running third in the guard compeition.
- Jake Kumerow has jumped to the head of the pack in the wide receiver depth competition but Isaiah McKenzie is still ahead of him for WR5.
- Davis Webb is the QB3.
- The fourth safety battle is another position to watch.