All-Pro wide receiver Stefon Diggs has been absent from the Buffalo Bills’ last five practice sessions, while defensive tackle Vernon Butler and left tackle Dion Dawkins returned to practice and participated in team drills Monday.
Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off with updates on the statuses of Diggs, Dawkins, and Butler.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Sean McDermott blunt on Buffalo Bills LT Dion Dawkins: “He’s not where he needs to be” - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills’ stadium renovation not a viable option, says Pegula executive - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills Injury Update: Vernon Butler back, when do we worry about Stefon Diggs? - Buffalo Rumblings
- 90 Buffalo Bills scouting reports in 90 days: running back Devin Singletary - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC East Roundup: QB updates following Week 1 of preseason - Buffalo Rumblings
- The Buffalo Bills official tailgate experience returns for 2021 - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Updates on Stefon Diggs, Dion Dawkins, Vernon Butler
Wide receiver Stefon Diggs did not practice Monday as he continues to deal with a knee issue, while defensive tackle Vernon Butler returned to the practice field and left tackle Dion Dawkins participated in team drills for the first time since being activated off of the reserve/COVID-19 list.
- Bills injuries: Vernon Butler returns, Stefon Diggs remains sidelined | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills training camp, Day 14: Stefon Diggs’ health raises questions; Dion Dawkins returns – The Athletic
- Dion Dawkins returns to action; Stefon Diggs still out - WGR 550
- Bills LT Dion Dawkins has a ‘long road’ ahead after coming off the Covid list | News 4 Buffalo
Recapping Day 14 of training camp
After a solid performance by the defense in a 16-15 win over the Detroit Lions in Week 1 of the preseason, the defense was at it again on Monday. Rookie edge rusher Greg Rousseau came up with another sack and continued to impress, defensive tackle Harrison Phillips enjoyed another productive practice, running back Zack Moss returned from an injury with a physical run, and wide receiver Jake Kumerow continues to stand out at the back of a crowded depth chart.
- Bills camp Day 14: Greg Rousseau with another sack; Josh Allen’s got jokes: Jake Kumerow favorite WR? - newyorkupstate.com
- Top 3 things to know from practice 14 at 2021 Bills training camp - BuffaloBills.com
Josh Allen’s status for Week 2 of preseason unknown
There’s no word yet if All-Pro quarterback Josh Allen is going to play in preseason game No. 2 on Saturday against the Chicago Bears. Allen spoke on Monday and he said he hasn’t been told yet.
- Observations: Josh Allen sees value in preseason games, but status for Week 2 is up in the air | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Allen hasn’t been told if he’s playing Saturday in Chicago - WGR 550
Odds and ends
Hear who defensive coordinator/assistant head coach Leslie Frazier felt stood out during Buffalo’s win over the Lions, learn how defensive tackle Star Lotulelei has served as a “bright light” for the defense since returning this offseason, discover how rookie offensive tackle Spencer Brown spent part of his offseason working with former NFL star Joe Staley, find out why one national football writer feels the Bills will win their first Super Bowl, and more.
- Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier loves position flexibility - Democrat & Chronicle
- How Star Lotulelei has been a ‘bright light’ for the Bills’ defense since his return | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills third-round pick Spencer Brown benefitted from special training - Democrat & Chronicle
- Three bold predictions for Bills in 2021: Buffalo will win the Super Bowl - CBSSports.com
- Manuel rooting for Allen: ‘I’m extremely excited’ for him - WGR 550