The Buffalo Bills ran their preseason win streak to seven with a thoroughly dominant 41-15 trouncing of the Chicago Bears Saturday afternoon at Soldier Field. There was plenty to like from the win, along with several areas where the Bills can improve, and on the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast, hosts John Boccacino and Jamie D’Amico give you their thoughts on what they liked and what they didn’t like after Buffalo improved to 2-0 this preseason.
Among the players who made a favorable impression on our podcasters:
- Quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, who effectively ran Brian Daboll’s offense, guiding the Bills to touchdowns on their first four possessions while completing 20 of 28 passes for 221 yards and a touchdown.
- Rookie edge rusher Greg Rousseau, who came up with a sack and three quarterback hurries on just nine snaps.
- Fellow defensive ends A.J. Epenesa and Carlos “Boogie” Basham Jr., who helped Buffalo’s pass rush generate four sacks and 12 QB hits while causing chaos in the backfield.
- Running backs Devin Singletary and Zack Moss, who averaged 7.0 yards per carry in rushing for 42 yards on six carries. Singletary eluded the defense and broke off a 14-yard touchdown run on fourth-and-one, while Moss nearly scored on a nifty 11-yard scamper.
- Wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie, who rebounded from an early muff of a punt to catch seven passes for 72 yards.
- Tackle Spencer Brown, who played well at both left and right tackle and held his own going up against Khalil Mack.
- Wide receiver/returner Marquez Stevenson, who broke off an electrifying 79-yard punt return for a TD.
Those whose performances were less than stellar included:
- Tackle Bobby Hart, whose poor play along the offensive line could get one of Buffalo’s quarterbacks hurt.
- Tight end Dawson Knox, who continues to struggle with drops and consistency.
- Quarterbacks Davis Webb and Jake Fromm, who failed to build upon a successful preseason opener.
- Cornerback Siran Neal, who was badly beaten on a long touchdown pass before halftime.
Check out the latest Billieve Podcast for Boccacino and D’Amico’s thoughts on what stood out to them from the win over the Bears, then join the conversation by leaving your thoughts in the comments section below.
Be sure to join the Buffalo Rumblings Pick ‘Em Contest benefitting the American Cancer Society to win signed items from Thurman Thomas, Zack Moss, and more. Click here to enter with all of the details to donate and win.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Code of Conduct with J. Spence, The Bruce Exclusive, Buff Hub, Jamie D. and Big Newt, The Mafia Mavens, The Overreaction Sports Podcast, Food for Thought, and Circling the Wagons:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone
Ask Alexa or Google Home to play the Buffalo Rumblings podcast!
If you like our show, tell a friend and spread the word!
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this in Apple News, you’ll need to head to your podcast app or phone’s web browser to hear the embedded audio file.