Technically, Buffalo Bills training camp is over. In a normal year, this would have been the first week of practice at One Bills Drive after returning from St. John Fisher College. Even so, let’s just call this week 5 of training camp as the team preps for the regular season.
I’ve included the Bills Reporters Twitter list to follow along with the updates from the local beat reporters. Head coach Sean McDermott meets the media at 3:45.
The biggest camp news right now:
- WR Stefon Diggs has missed more than a week with a knee injury. How serious is the injury?
- Starting left tackle Dion Dawkins returned from the COVID-19 list last week and detailed his battle with the infection the other day. It’s going to be a while until he’s 100%. He played two series Saturday.
- Levi Wallace is clearly in the lead for the CB2 job opposite Tre’Davious White.
- The KR/PR job seems to be wrapped up by Isaiah McKenzie. He did muff a punt on Saturday.
- Tyrel Dodson is in the lead for the depth linebacker spots.
- WR Marquez Stevenson was trending down but had a nice play to set up Friday’s game-winner and upon return touchdown on Saturday.
- The defensive line competition is heating up and Greg Rousseau staked his claim to an increased role last Friday night and continued during game two of the preseason.
- Jon Feliciano is safe in his job. Cody Ford played well and Ike Boettger is running third in the guard compeition.
- Jake Kumerow has jumped to the head of the pack in the wide receiver depth competition but Isaiah McKenzie is still ahead of him for WR5.
- Davis Webb is the QB3.
- The fourth safety battle is another position to watch.