The Buffalo Bills concluded their preseason schedule with a convincing 19-0 win over the Green Bay Packers Saturday afternoon at Highmark Stadium.
There was plenty to like from the win, along with several areas where the Bills can improve, and on the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast, hosts John Boccacino and Jamie D’Amico give you their thoughts on what they liked and what they didn’t like after Buffalo went 3-0 this preseason.
Among the players who made a favorable impression on our podcasters:
- Quarterback Josh Allen was superb in his first action of the preseason, completing 20 of 26 passes for 194 yards with two touchdowns.
- Wide receivers Gabriel Davis, Emmanuel Sanders, and Cole Beasley contributed to Buffalo’s prolific passing display.
- Head coach Sean McDermott was creative with the play calling and used the finale as a tune-up for the regular season, practicing different game scenarios.
- Running back Matt Breida was effective both as a pass catcher spread out wide and running the football.
- Cornerback Siran Neal rebounded nicely from two sub-par performances to deliver a lights-out performance.
- Defensive end A.J. Epenesa and defensive tackles Justin Zimmer and Ed Oliver enjoyed productive afternoons winning their matchups against the offensive line.
- The Bills excelled on red-zone defense, goal-line defense, and fourth-down defense.
- The crowd made noise for most of the afternoon and forced Green Bay’s offense into a delay of game penalty.
Those whose performances were less than stellar included:
- Cornerback Cam Lewis’s poor play cannot inspire confidence in the Bills’ secondary depth behind starters Tre’Davious White and Levi Wallace.
- Offensive lineman Bobby Hart’s struggles continued while fellow offensive lineman Tommy Doyle might be a year away from contributing.
- The run defense allowed more than 4.2 yards per carry, and the defense in general gave up large plays between the 20s.
Check out the latest Billieve Podcast for Boccacino and D’Amico’s thoughts on the win over the Packers, then join the conversation by leaving your thoughts in the comments section below.
Be sure to join the Buffalo Rumblings Pick ‘Em Contest benefitting the American Cancer Society to win signed items from Thurman Thomas, Zack Moss, and more. Click here to enter with all of the details to donate and win.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Code of Conduct with J. Spence, The Bruce Exclusive, Buff Hub, Jamie D. and Big Newt, The Mafia Mavens, The Overreaction Sports Podcast, Food for Thought, and Circling the Wagons:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone
Ask Alexa or Google Home to play the Buffalo Rumblings podcast!
If you like our show, tell a friend and spread the word!
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this in Apple News, you’ll need to head to your podcast app or phone’s web browser to hear the embedded audio file.