The Buffalo Bills are back in pads this week, as they suited up for the first time on Tuesday before an off day Wednesday. We are just over a week away from their first preseason game on Friday, August 13th, so the intensity will start ramping up.
I’ve included the Bills Reporters Twitter list to follow along with the updates from the local beat reporters. Special teams coach Heath Farwell joins the media at 9:15 this morning.
The biggest camp news so far:
- Jon Feliciano left practice with a shoulder injury on Monday and didn’t participate Tuesday. We’ll be monitoring his status today.
- The rest of the offensive line is dealing with nagging injuries and missing time, as well. Ike Boettger could be close to returning from the Reserve/COVID-19 list as he was on the sideline earlier this week. They also signed another offensive lineman yesterday. They just can’t get the starting five together.
- Dion Dawkins began camp on the Reserve/COVID-19 list and hasn’t been spotted. Rookie Spencer Brown has been the starting left tackle based on images we’ve seen, but Bobby Hart was used on Saturday.
- TE Jacob Hollister has been sidelined with a back injury. He was on the sideline Monday and could return today.
- Reggie Gilliam is back at fullback after moving to tight end during the 2020 season.
- Jake Kumerow has jumped to the head of the pack in the wide receiver depth competition but Isaiah McKenzie is still ahead of him for WR5.
- Without pads, the Bills’ rookie pass rushers are making an impact. Efe Obada seems to be passing Darryl Johnson for a spot on the roster, as well.
- Jerry Hughes starts the year on NF-I with a calf strain. He has remained in the trainer’s room.