The Buffalo Bills are back in pads this week, as they suited up for the first time on Tuesday before an off day Wednesday. We are just one week away from their first preseason game on Friday, August 13th, so the intensity will start ramping up.
I’ve included the Bills Reporters Twitter list to follow along with the updates from the local beat reporters.
The biggest camp news right now:
- WR Emmanuel Sanders didn’t practice on Thursday with a foot injury. We will see if he returns today.
- Ike Boettger and Jon Feliciano returned to the field on Thursday. Boettger from the Reserve-COVID-19 list and Feliciano from a shoulder injury. Starting left tackle Dion Dawkins remains on the COVID list. They just can’t get the starting five together.
- TE Jacob Hollister returned to practice following a back injury and Dawson Knox has not looked great. Perhaps there is a TE battle brewing.
- Reggie Gilliam is back at fullback after moving to tight end during the 2020 season.
- Jake Kumerow has jumped to the head of the pack in the wide receiver depth competition but Isaiah McKenzie is still ahead of him for WR5.
- Without pads, the Bills’ rookie pass rushers are making an impact. Efe Obada seems to be passing Darryl Johnson for a spot on the roster, as well.
- Jerry Hughes starts the year on NF-I with a calf strain. He has remained in the trainer’s room.