The Buffalo Bills are back in front of fans at Highmark Stadium again this Saturday. This is the second of two public practices during this year’s training camp, and with less than a week until the first preseason game, we expect the pads to be popping.
It’s the first practice since Josh Allen signed his mega-deal, so one would assume folks inside the stadium are going to be even more celebratory of him than normal.
I’ve included the Bills Reporters Twitter list to follow along with the updates from the local beat reporters.
The biggest camp news right now:
- WR Emmanuel Sanders didn’t practice on Thursday and was limited Friday with a foot injury. We will see if he returns fully today.
- Ike Boettger and Jon Feliciano returned to the field on Thursday. Boettger from the Reserve-COVID-19 list and Feliciano from a shoulder injury. Starting left tackle Dion Dawkins remains on the COVID list. They just can’t get the starting five together.
- OL Forrest Lamp (calf) and RB Christian Wade (shoulder) missed Friday. Lamp has been out all week.
- Reggie Gilliam is back at fullback after moving to tight end during the 2020 season.
- Jake Kumerow has jumped to the head of the pack in the wide receiver depth competition but Isaiah McKenzie is still ahead of him for WR5. Isaiah Hodgins had a good day Friday and Buffalo might be on the verge of keeping 7 WRs.
- Jerry Hughes starts the year on NF-I with a calf strain. He has remained in the trainer’s room.