General manager Brandon Beane and the Buffalo Bills faced some difficult decisions in order to trim their roster to 53 players by Tuesday afternoon’s roster deadline.
Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by exploring the moves Buffalo made, which included cutting tight end Jacob Hollister, long snapper Reid Ferguson, cornerback Cam Lewis, linebacker Tyrell Adams, and quarterback Jake Fromm.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Long snapper Reid Ferguson among cuts for Buffalo Bills initial 53-man roster for 2021 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills’ new stadium proposal would shrink capacity by 17%, open in 2027 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills roster cuts tracker, 2021 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Josh Allen is the elder stateman of AFC East starting QBs after Cam Newton’s release - Buffalo Rumblings
- Injury analysis: Bills’ roster considerations for Isaiah McKenzie - Buffalo Rumblings
- Injury analysis: A detailed discussion of Isaiah McKenzie’s shoulder injury - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs. Packers: A look at those holding penalties - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills’ QB Josh Allen part of new national ad campaign for Buffalo Wild Wings - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Bills finalize 53-man roster
Analysis of Buffalo’s roster cut-down day decisions, which included releasing 23 players in order to get down to the 53-man roster. Among the topics covered: the Bills deciding to keep only two quarterbacks and only five cornerbacks while prioritizing the defensive line (11 players) and wide receiver room (seven players). We also discuss whether Jacob Hollister, Reid Ferguson, and cornerback Cam Lewis will return to the team, and more.
- Bills finalize initial 53-man roster - WGR 550
- Buffalo Bills reveal initial 53-man roster | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills set initial 53-man roster; Hollister, Ferguson released | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills roster cut to 53: GM Brandon Beane had to make some tough calls - Democrat & Chronicle
- 6 thoughts on Bills’ initial 53-man roster: Are 5 CBs enough? Will Jacob Hollister be back? - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills trim roster to 53: Jacob Hollister, Reid Ferguson among released players who should return - newyorkupstate.com
- Analysis: Keeping two quarterbacks comes with some risk, but it’s the right move for Bills | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills finalize 53-man roster: What stands out now that the final cuts have been made? – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Top 10 things to know about the Bills initial 2021 53-man roster - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills release 23 players to set the initial 2021 53-man roster - BuffaloBills.com
Bills planning a new 60,000-seat stadium by 2027
The latest news on Buffalo’s proposed 60,000-seat stadium, which the team is proposing will cost $1.4 billion and would be finished by 2027.
- Bills propose new stadium to be completed by 2027 - WGR 550
- Report - Buffalo Bills propose 60,000-seat stadium by 2027 - ESPN.com
Odds and ends
At the tender age of 25, Josh Allen is now the elder statesmen among the starting quarterbacks in the AFC East. Plus, read a bold prediction about how Buffalo’s defensive line will see increased productivity when it comes to sacking the quarterback, find out which Bills are being ranked among the top 100 players in the league, learn how you can watch every Bills game this year, and more!
- Josh Allen now oldest quarterback in AFC East at age 25 - WGR 550
- 32 bold and not-so-bold NFL predictions for 2021: Patriots and the playoffs, Bills and that pass rush and more – The Athletic
- NFL Rank: Predicting the top 100 players for the 2021 season and why they’ll be among the league’s best - ESPN.com
- NFL All-Under-25 Team: Lamar Jackson, Tristan Wirfs and other young players taking the league by storm – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Buffalo Bills schedule 2021: How to watch all 17 games | TV channel, time, live stream - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills QB Josh Allen featured in Buffalo Wild Wings ad | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com