The number of COVID-19 cases in and around Western New York and the rest of the country is on the rise. To combat this uptick in cases, Erie County and Pegula Sports & Entertainment made a major change to their COVID-19 policy, requiring all fans ages 12 and older will need to have at least one dose of the vaccine in order to cheer on the Buffalo Bills at Highmark Stadium.
Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by examining this new policy change, which came in part after Erie County’s mask mandate for fans in the indoor spaces at the Stadium were largely ignored during the home opener.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Erie County, Buffalo Bills will require vaccination for home game attendance - Buffalo Rumblings
- Mask mandate largely ignored during Buffalo Bills’ season-opening game - Buffalo Rumblings
- Jamie D & Big Newt: Seeing the Good in the Bad - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills’ Sean McDermott puts o-line on notice after poor game vs Steelers - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Vaccines required for all Bills home games
Fans who wish to attend a Bills game at Highmark Stadium will need to show proof they have received at least the first dose of the vaccine in order to attend home games through Oct. 31. This includes the Week 3 clash with the Washington Football Team (Sept. 26), the Week 4 game with the Houston Texans (Oct. 3), and the Week 8 Halloween showdown with the Miami Dolphins. Starting on Oct. 31, fans over 12 will need to be fully vaccinated in order to enter the stadium.
- Buffalo Bills fans must be vaccinated to attend games moving forward - newyorkupstate.com
- COVID-19 vaccine required for all Bills, Sabres home games - WGR 550
- Bills and Sabres fans must be vaccinated to attend games | Local News | buffalonews.com
- Bills and Sabres to require proof of COVID-19 vaccination to attend games starting Sept. 25 – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Buffalo Bills to require fans at games to be vaccinated against COVID-19 - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
- Bills, Sabres fans will need to be fully vaccinated to attend games this season - Democrat & Chronicle
- New Health and Safety Protocols at Highmark Stadium - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills announce stadium vaccination policy in compliance with ECDOH directive - BuffaloBills.com
Should the Bills be worried about their offense?
Buffalo’s offense struggled mightily in the face of a stout Steelers defense, scoring just one touchdown on four red zone trips. The offense sputtered on third down, committed a slew of penalties, and bungled a pair of fourth-down conversion attempts. How worried should head coach Sean McDermott, offensive coordinator Brian Daboll and the Bills be after a lackluster performance in the opener? Plus, why the Bills’ trust in tight end Dawson Knox paid off in Week 1.
- Is it too soon to worry about the Bills offense? A Week 2 change could provide a spark – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Bills’ trust in Dawson Knox on display in season opener | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Bills plummet in NFL power rankings
Following a mistake-filled loss to the Steelers, the Bills fell in the NFL power rankings. Despite the loss, the Bills are still a consensus top-10 team.
- Bills can ‘quiet the Super Bowl talk for a week’ (Post-Week 1 power rankings) - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills remain in the top 10 of Week 2 power rankings | Bills Today - BuffaloBills.com
Odds and ends
A trip to South Beach could be just the perfect remedy to get the Bills on track. Learn about the top four storylines to know as Buffalo prepares to face the Miami Dolphins. Plus, learn about Josh Allen’s bizarre game day routine, find out who is on the call for the Bills /Dolphins Week 2 showdown, and more!
- Top 4 storylines to follow for Bills at Dolphins | Week 2 - BuffaloBills.com
- Josh Allen’s shares his strange game day ritual - WGR 550
- Voice of Madden NFL to call Bills-Miami game for Fox; the Mannings discover Zay Jones | Television | buffalonews.com
- ‘Sneak pass’ worked to perfection for Bills in ‘Cheeseburger Game’ | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Billboard proclaiming Bills fans as NFL’s best is heading back to Foxborough | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Howard Picks the Bills: Week 2 - WGR 550