Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off with why a trip to South Beach could be the perfect remedy for Allen and the Bills to get back on track following a disappointing loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers to open the 2021 season.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills injury report: Gabriel Davis limited in practice with ankle injury - Buffalo Rumblings
- Opinion: Road game in Miami is perfect elixir to what ails the Bills - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills only protect three practice squaders this week - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills vs. Miami Dolphins broadcast map Week 2 - Buffalo Rumblings
- The Bruce Exclusive: All not one, one not all - Buffalo Rumblings
- Penalty recap: Pittsburgh Steelers at Buffalo Bills - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills vs. Pittsburgh Steelers: Rookie review - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Josh Allen has owned the Dolphins since entering NFL
Looking to bounce back following a deflating 23-16 setback vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 1, a date with the Miami Dolphins could be just what Josh Allen and the Bills need. Especially considering Allen is 5-1 while directing Buffalo’s offense to an average of 39 points per game during a five-game winning streak vs. Miami. Allen will look to build upon his solid numbers against the Dolphins, including 20 total touchdowns compared to only four interceptions in six career matchups.
- Mark Gaughan: Josh Allen’s mastery of Miami puts fire in AFC East rivalry | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- How Josh Allen has shredded the Dolphins since he entered the NFL - Democrat & Chronicle
- Josh Allen, Stefon Diggs explain how Bills offense plans to bounce back vs. Dolphins - newyorkupstate.com
Previews and predictions for Week 2 vs. Miami
Why Buffalo’s defense will need to both force turnovers and come up with a game plan for containing Miami’s vastly upgraded wide receiver corps if the Bills want to even their record at 1-1. Plus, sports writers offer up their storylines to watch and game predictions for this Week 2 clash.
- To keep up with Miami, Bills defense needs to force turnovers | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- PlayAction: Bills must contend with upgraded Miami WR corps | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- How we see it: News predictions for Bills at Dolphins in Week 2 | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills vs. Miami Dolphins odds, picks and predictions: Expert predictions for Week 2 game – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Why Bills rookie Greg Rousseau is excited to play in Miami again - BuffaloBills.com
While wide receiver Gabriel Davis returned to practice on Thursday, several other Bills, including defensive tackle Star Lotulelei and safety Micah Hyde were limited participants because of their injuries.
- Bills’ injury updates: Micah Hyde limited with neck injury; Gabe Davis returns | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Gabriel Davis returns to Thursday’s practice - WGR 550
Final thoughts on loss to Steelers
From failures in the red zone to a porous offensive line that allowed T.J. Watt and Pittsburgh’s pass rush to constantly harass Josh Allen, we take one last look back at the reasons behind Buffalo’s season-opening loss.
- Why the Bills offensive line might be a bigger problem than originally thought: All-22 film review – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Red zone struggles were partially to blame for Bills opening loss - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills’ Emmanuel Sanders not ‘losing sleep’ over missed deep ball from Josh Allen - newyorkupstate.com
Odds and ends
Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly offers his suggestions on what offensive coordinator Brian Daboll can do to take some of the pressure off of Josh Allen, and why the Bills need to turn to their running game for more balance. Plus, the latest news on Buffalo’s new football stadium, how the friendship between Allen and wide receiver Stefon Diggs is receiving national attention, and more!
- Jim Kelly: Bills’ Josh Allen can thrive, but balance on offense can help - Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
- Bills downtown stadium would cost taxpayers $1 billion more than new one in Orchard Park, study shows – The Athletic
- Allen, Diggs are cover for SI Kids’ ‘BFF’ issue - WGR 550
- Buffalo Bills are Super Bowl frauds, says ESPN analyst - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills’ Cole Beasley, Reid Ferguson buying unvaccinated fans tickets to road games | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com