If Buffalo Bills fans think they’re frustrated at the lack of continuity from Josh Allen, their All-Pro quarterback who has yet to find his rhythm, that’s nothing compared to the lofty standard Allen holds himself to.
Allen knows expectations are high for himself and for Buffalo’s offense, which is coming off a 2020 season where they set franchise marks for points scored in a season (501), and today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off with analysis of Allen’s performance through the first two weeks of the season.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills injury report: Star Lotulelei misses practice on Wednesday - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills vs. Washington Football Team broadcast map Week 3 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills all over the map in Week 2 NFL power rankings - Buffalo Rumblings
- Penalty recap: Buffalo Bills vs Miami Dolphins - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills vs. Miami Dolphins: Rookie review - Buffalo Rumblings
- Jamie D and Big Newt: Now that’s better from the Bills - Buffalo Rumblings
- Tyrod Taylor placed on IR, will miss game against Buffalo Bills - Buffalo Rumblings
- Jack Anderson signed off Buffalo Bills practice squad - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Roundup: Defense wins games - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Josh Allen still searching for his rhythm
Yes, Josh Allen hasn’t enjoyed the same MVP-caliber performance from last year through two games, but Allen and the offense have shown signs of progress, particularly during a 35-0 drubbing of the Miami Dolphins in Week 2. In that game, Allen directed the offense to five touchdowns against one of the top five cornerback tandems in the NFL, while Allen and his receivers connected for several exceptional plays on three of the team’s TD drives. Conversely, Allen’s 56 percent completion rate is more in line with his first two seasons in the NFL.
- Analysis: Just like fans, Josh Allen wants more as Bills live with high standards | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Josh Allen searching for his rhythm; Bills coaches not worried about slow start - newyorkupstate.com
Josh Allen falling back into some bad habits: Bills All-22 film review – The Athletic
- Former Washington tight end says Bills QB Josh Allen is ‘running around’ like a rookie | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
A.J. Epenesa hungry for more
While the box score showed A.J. Epenesa was held without a sack as the Bills’ defense racked up six quarterback takedowns in a win over the Miami Dolphins, it doesn’t adequately reflect the chaos Epenesa caused from his defensive end position.
- Buffalo Bills’ A.J. Epenesa and Devin Singletary made strong analytics impression against Dolphins - Sports Illustrated Buffalo Bills News
- Bills DE A.J. Epenesa still craving more after breakout game | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Why A.J. Epenesa looks like a different player in 2021 - BuffaloBills.com
Seven former Bills among Hall of Fame nominees
Special teams standout Steve Tasker, linebackers Cornelius Bennett, London Fletcher, and Takeo Spikes, offensive lineman Ruben Brown, fullback Larry Centers and defensive back Troy Vincent are among this year’s official Hall of Fame nominees with ties to the Bills.
- Steve Tasker, Cornelius Bennett, Ruben Brown among Hall of Fame nominees | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Seven former Bills land on the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2022 nomination list - BuffaloBills.com
Analyzing Week 3 vs. Washington
We size up the matchup between the Washington Football Team and Buffalo, delving into the key storylines to watch, numbers to know and game predictions on who will win this matchup of 1-1 squads.
- Washington Football Team vs. Buffalo Bills odds, picks and trends: Expert predictions for Week 3 game – The Athletic (Subscription required).
- Bills vs. Washington | Numbers to know + score predictions | Week 3 - BuffaloBills.com
Odds and ends
Get the latest injury news on defensive tackle Star Lotulelei, cornerbacks Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson, and safety Micah Hyde. Plus, the Bills bring back a familiar face from the preseason as offensive line depth, we profile Bills owner and president Kim Pegula, and hear from New York State Gov. Kathy Hochul on plans to release a state-commissioned analysis of a new Bills Stadium.
- Bills’ injury updates: Lotulelei doesn’t practice, injuries a concern in secondary | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills add offensive lineman Bobby Hart to practice squad | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills sign veteran o-lineman again, add to practice squad after losing rookie to Eagles - newyorkupstate.com
- Next Woman Up: Kim Pegula, owner and president of the Buffalo Bills - NFL.com
- Gov. Hochul says state will release Buffalo Bills stadium study | Local News | buffalonews.com