You like football. You like food. So do we! So much so, in fact, that we smash the two together to bring you a Buffalo Bills-inspired recipe each week. Whether it’s a take on an opponents’ fave or some real mad scientist **** coming your way, Wingin’ It is the spot to watch. This week we’re prepping for the Washington Football Team!
If there’s any connection to the opponent this week it’s that Washington is the “17th Game” this season and, as Matt points out, counts less. So in that vein this one is going to “count” less as far as being a recipe. I’m gonna assume that you can hardboil eggs, slice them in half, scoop out the yolks, mash ‘em up with the sauce below, and spoon it back in.
Buffalo Deviled Eggs
Makes: 24 deviled eggs
Active Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
3 Tbsp hot sauce
3 Tbsp mustard (Weber’s for an extra kick)
1-2 Tbsp honey
1⁄2 tsp onion powder
1⁄4 tsp garlic powder
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
12 large eggs, hardboiled, cut in half and ready to be deviled
- Combine all ingredients except butter in medium sauce pan on MED; stir occasionally for five min.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. Allow to cool.
- Pour all into the eggs yolks. Mash, and make some deviled eggs already!
Wingin’ It Tips and
No prep gallery this week because...it’s deviled eggs. There’s really not much to it. A few tips though:
- The total time assumes you’ve already prepped your eggs and you’re just making the sauce.
- You might not need all of the sauce depending on the consistency you prefer.
- With the honey, I used 2 Tbsp. This doesn’t actually lead to a “sweet” filling, but it could be too much for those of you looking for a more traditional variant. Feel free to reduce that.
- The amount of butter added leads to a milder sauce. If you want a more devilish egg, cut it in half and add another Tbsp of hot sauce.
- Also to spice things up it might look like I did the usual paprika garnish. If so, you’re close. That’s cayenne and it definitely makes a difference.
- Fun Fact: They’re called “deviled eggs” because they introduce the area to the “bowels of hell.” Yes that’s a fart joke. I’m practicing to land a gig with FOX calling games.