Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by breaking down the key matchups to watch as Buffalo looks to defeat New England in the first playoff matchup between these teams in nearly 60 years.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bears, Dolphins request head coach interviews with Bills’ Brian Daboll - Buffalo Rumblings
- New York Giants request interview with Bills’ assistant GM Joe Schoen - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bears head coach search: Chicago requests to interview Bills DC Leslie Frazier - Buffalo Rumblings
- NFL offseason carousel: Brian Flores out in Miami, Leslie Frazier gets Bears interview - Buffalo Rumblings
- Revisiting five Buffalo Bills to watch vs. the New York Jets - Buffalo Rumblings
- Revisiting five New York Jets to watch at the Buffalo Bills - Buffalo Rumblings
- Jets vs Bills game balls: Who ya got? - Buffalo Rumblings
- Code Of Conduct: Playoff Caliber - Buffalo Rumblings
- Circling the Wagons: Bills clinch AFC East, take down Jets 27-10 - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC East Roundup: Regular-season awards - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Buffalo hosting New England on Wild Card weekend
The last time the Buffalo Bills welcomed the New England Patriots to Orchard Park, New England turned back the clock, throwing the football only three times while rushing 46 times for 222 yards during a 14-10 win on a blustery Monday night in December. We hear from Josh Allen, Jordan Poyer and head coach Sean McDermott on round three of Bills vs. Patriots, and analyze how Allen and New England quarterback Mac Jones have performed in the first two meetings, and what adjustments McDermott and Bill Belichick might make. We break down the top storylines to watch, explore why Stefon Diggs thinks Allen needs to take something off of his passes in the cold weather, see how Buffalo and New England bring different kinds of streaks into this Wild Card clash, examine if playing at home is really an advantage for Buffalo in the postseason, and more!
- ‘We know each other extremely well’: Bills prepare for third meeting of season with Patriots | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills vs. Patriots, round 3: This rivalry takes on a new look for the playoffs - Democrat & Chronicle
- Josh Allen vs. Bill Belichick! Mac Jones against Buffalo’s ‘D’! What film and analytics reveal about Bills-Patriots – The Athletic (subscription required).
- Top 6 storylines to follow for Bills vs. Patriots | Wild Card Weekend - BuffaloBills.com
- Does Bills’ Josh Allen need to take a little off his throws in freezing cold? Stefon Diggs thinks so - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills, Patriots enter their first playoff matchup in 58 years on different paths - Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
- Is home field actually an advantage for the Bills in the playoffs? - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills, Patriots both in good health entering playoffs | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills-Patriots odds: Buffalo a slight favorite for NFL playoffs; see prop bets, more - newyorkupstate.com
- What they’re saying | National analysts handicap Bills vs. Pats in the Wild Card Round - BuffaloBills.com
- 2022 NFL Playoffs expert predictions, odds, spreads, picks: Cowboys host 49ers, Steelers visit Chiefs in wild-card round – The Athletic (subscription required.
- Bills coaches prep for Wild Card chess match with Patriots - BuffaloBills.com
- Could this be Bill Belichick’s last game against Bills? - WGR 550
Last thoughts on win over Jets
We explore why Buffalo has found success in the running game over the last five weeks of the regular season, especially when employing more heavy personnel sets (with an extra offensive lineman) like they did in the win over the New York Jets. We also analyze how Josh Allen used the naked bootleg on play-action passes to fuel Buffalo’s offense, give credit to the Bills’ third-down defense for clamping down vs. the New York Jets, and relive the last time Buffalo clinched a divisional crown by knocking off the Jets.
- Analysis: Extra offensive lineman giving Bills running game some added punch | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Jim Kubiak: How naked bootleg play-action passes got Allen, Bills’ offense back on track vs. Jets | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Thanks to third-down defensive prowess by Bills, Jets ran just 46 offensive plays Sunday | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Upon Further Review: Secondary’s show of solidarity after division-clinching win speaks volumes | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Erik Brady: ‘Fandemonium’ broke out last time Bills beat Jets for AFC East, thanks to one very large paw | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Alan Pergament: The enthusiasm of CBS’ Kevin Harlan helps Bills fans party like it’s 1995 | Television | buffalonews.com
Frazier, Daboll, Schoen drawing interest around the NFL
The Chicago Bears and Miami Dolphins are interested in interviewing current Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll about their head coaching vacancies, while the Bears also have interest in speaking with defensive coordinator/assistant head coach Leslie Frazier about their head-coaching opening. Switching to the front office, the New York Giants reportedly want to bring in Buffalo assistant general manager Joe Schoen for a chat about their general manager vacancy. Such is life when you’re a successful assistant coach/front office staffer of a team that has made the playoffs in four of the last five seasons.
- Bills’ Brian Daboll & Leslie Frazier drawing HC interest, Joe Schoen requested for GM interview - newyorkupstate.com
- Teams request interviews with Daboll, Frazier, Schoen - WGR 550
- Observations: ‘Nothing official yet’ in regards to Leslie Frazier interviewing for Bears’ coaching job | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Odds and ends
We discuss how Buffalo’s defense cemented its status as the league’s best unit...despite not having any players named to the Pro Bowl rosters. We also explore how Buffalo’s second-half comeback to force overtime vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers was the catalyst for the team’s late-season surge, see where the Bills check in on the latest NFL power rankings, speculate on whether Emmanuel Sanders should take Gabriel Davis’s spot in the starting lineup, and more.
- Bills defense made team history by leading NFL in fewest yards, points - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills defense ends the 2021 regular season as the NFL’s best - BuffaloBills.com
- Why Bills’ late-season surge to win AFC East began with overtime loss in Tampa | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills are ‘unpredictable playoff entrant’ with potential for deep run (Post-Week 18 power rankings) - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills’ Emmanuel Sanders returns to practice: Should he start vs. Patriots over Gabriel Davis? - newyorkupstate.com
- Relying on this has helped the Bills offense develop heading into the playoffs - BuffaloBills.com
- How Bills Mafia can help Harrison Phillips win this charity challenge - BuffaloBills.com