Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by hearing from general manager Brandon Beane on the difficult task ahead: closing the gap on Kansas City, taking that next step towards winning a championship, and figuring out how to juggle the roster turnover that is sure to come this offseason.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen will not play in the Pro Bowl - Buffalo Rumblings
- Brandon Beane reviews Bills’ 2021 rookies at post-season presser - Buffalo Rumblings
- Sean McDermott continues moving up the longest-tenured coach rankings - Buffalo Rumblings
- Former Bills offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett named Broncos coach - Buffalo Rumblings
- The Bruce Exclusive: CIPA - Buffalo Rumblings
- Jamie D & Big Newt: Licking our wounds - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Where do the Bills go from here?
Unlike in 2020, when Buffalo was outplayed by the Chiefs in the AFC Championship, this year’s team had Kansas City on the ropes before the defense allowed Patrick Mahomes to march 44 yards to the game-tying field goal and then drive 75 yards to the game-winning touchdown in overtime. For the second straight offseason, Beane and head coach Sean McDermott need to scheme a way to get past the Chiefs. How can they do that?
Unlike last year, when the team opted to run it back with mostly the same personnel, it seems like changes are coming as the Bills look to turn pain into progress and figure out how to finally knock off the Chiefs. We discuss Beane’s comments on how he will improve the franchise, ponder the future of wide receiver Cole Beasley in Buffalo, and more.
- Bills’ offseason will be shaped by figuring out how to stop the Chiefs — again - Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
- Analysis: Last year, the Bills had a goal of running it back – this year, it’s not so simple | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Analysis: Why Brandon Beane believes the 2021 season was still a step in the right direction | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Brandon Beane: Bills did not take a step back in 2021 - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills GM Brandon Beane ‘would anticipate’ WR Cole Beasley being back | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills salary-cap concerns and a need for speed? 10 takeaways from Brandon Beane’s season-ending news conference – The Athletic (subscription required)
- GM Brandon Beane shares how he plans to turn pain into progress for the Bills - BuffaloBills.com
QB Josh Allen won’t play in Pro Bowl
Despite another hugely successful regular season, Josh Allen was not named to the Pro Bowl rosters when the teams were announced earlier this year. Allen and the Bills are still dealing with the fallout from Sunday’s overtime loss to the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Divisional round, and Allen admits his body has taken plenty of hits this season. On Thursday, Allen announced he will decline the invitation to play in the Pro Bowl.
- Bills QB Josh Allen to forgo Pro Bowl | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Josh Allen declines invitation to play in Pro Bowl - WGR 550
- Report: Bills QB Josh Allen declines invitation to play in Pro Bowl to rest and recover - WKBW
- Bills QB Josh Allen declines to be an alternate in the Pro Bowl | News 4 Buffalo
- Josh Allen announced he will not play in the 2022 Pro Bowl as an alternate - BuffaloBills.com
Odds and ends
Josh Allen is part of a trio of rising star quarterbacks in the AFC, and NFL coaches and front office executives were polled to see who they would take: Allen, Joe Burrow, or Justin Herbert. We also hear what Allen told Gabriel Davis following their fourth touchdown pass of the Kansas City game, find out how new New York Giants general manager Joe Schoen brings a familiarity of Buffalo’s draft board to his new role, meet a Bills Mafia member who drives 6.5 hours to every home game, and get the pulse of the Bills fans following the latest heartbreaking playoff loss.
- Joe Burrow, Josh Allen or Justin Herbert? Which rising young QB would NFL coaches and execs take now? – The Athletic (subscription required).
- Josh Allen, Gabriel Davis thought they were AFC CG bound - WGR 550
- New Giants GM knows Bills 2022 draft board rounds 1-4 - newyorkupstate.com
- He drove 6.5 hours to every Bills home game. 13 seconds won’t stop him - Democrat & Chronicle
- Voice of the Fan: It takes guts to be a Bills fan, because they will be ripped out of you | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Former Pro Bowl TE second guesses decision to not play with Josh Allen, Bills - newyorkupstate.com