The Buffalo Bills will be adding to one of the NFL’s best defenses, and the move has nothing to do with Tuesday’s NFL trade deadline.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off with the news from head coach Sean McDermott that Buffalo intends to activate Pro Bowl cornerback Tre’Davious White and add him to the 53-man roster, while examining how Buffalo’s revamped secondary could look with White back in the lineup.
Tre’Davious White to be activated to Bills roster
More than 11 months after tearing his left ACL in a Thanksgiving night win over the New Orleans Saints, the Bills are set to welcome back a familiar face to their secondary: Pro Bowl cornerback Tre’Davious White. McDermott and the team are staying mum on whether White will play in this week’s road game against the New York Jets. White’s return will also impact the playing time of youngsters like Dane Jackson, Kaiir Elam, and Christian Benford.
- Bills to activate Tre’Davious White, won’t speculate on whether he will return against Jets - Buffalo News
- Buffalo Bills CB Tre’Davious White expected to be activated - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
- Bills to activate White; evaluating Poyer, Milano - WGR 550
- Playing time at cornerback will look different following Tre White’s return to Bills - Buffalo News
More coverage from Bills-Packers on Sunday Night Football
It wasn’t always pretty, but the Bills raced out to a fast start and held off the Green Bay Packers, 27-17, in their first game played on Sunday Night Football with fans in the stands since the 2007 season.
Topics covered include whether the team should be concerned that the normally stout run defense got gashed by Packers running backs Aaron Jones and A.J. Dillon; how quarterback Josh Allen needs to correct those reckless mistakes he made in the second half; how the offensive line stepped up big-time without injured right tackle Spencer Brown; how running back Devin Singletary produced another great outing despite the trade rumors swirling around Buffalo adding another running back; the severity of All-Pro safety Jordan Poyer’s elbow injury; and more!
- Upon Further Review: Run defense took step back Sunday – cause for concern or no big deal? - Buffalo News
- 7 observations from Bills win over Packers: Josh Allen’s chance to resharpen and more thoughts - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Analysis: Bills’ offensive line turns in encouraging night vs. Packers - Buffalo News
- Observations: Bills still determining severity of Jordan Poyer’s elbow injury - Buffalo News
- Graham: Devin Singletary slices through trade noise with another slick game - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Bulldog: Ho-hum, nothing to see here - WGR 550
- “Don’t lose your game, rise to the occasion” | Stefon Diggs and the Bills use win over Packers as learning experience - BuffaloBills.com
Even more Bills news and notes
The NFL’s trade deadline is at 4:00 PM Eastern on Tuesday, and we can read up on some potential targets for general manager Brandon Beane to add via a deal. Plus, assessing how offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey fared with his game plan against the Packers, and how Mike Tirico and Cris Collinsworth succeeded in making the Sunday Night Football broadcast interesting and entertaining.
- NFL trade deadline: Potential targets for Bills and what they could bring to the team - Democrat & Chronicle
- Ken Dorsey Watch: Bills vs. Packers - Buffalo News
- Alan Pergament: NBC’s Tirico, Collinsworth keep nation interested in Bills game missing ‘wow’ factor - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Tre’Davious White injury: Bills All-Pro to be activated this week - Buffalo Rumblings
- NFL trade deadline: Could Bills target safety if Jordan Poyer misses time? - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Packers score recap: key moments in win probability swings - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills rookies 2022: James Cook breaks through vs. Packers - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Packers recap: Circling the Wagons podcast - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Packers score, recap: Off Tackle with John Fina breakdown - Buffalo Rumblings