Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks breaks down the key matchups and positional battles to watch as the Bills look to get back in the win column following a tough loss to the New York Jets.
Bills vs. Vikings key matchups to watch
The Buffalo Bills still boast one of the top defenses in the NFL, but their run defense has been tarnished significantly by both the Green Bay Packers and New York Jets over the last two weeks. With Minnesota’s talented running back Dalvin Cook coming to town on Sunday, read how defensive coordinator/assistant head coach Leslie Frazier might want to rely on more light boxes—having six defenders lined up in the tackle-to-tackle area near the line of scrimmage—to contain the Vikings’ ground game. Plus, dissecting the other top matchups and storylines to watch, including Pro Bowl WR Stefon Diggs squaring off against his former team, what it’s going to take to get Buffalo’s aerial attack back on track, and why Minnesota has been so successful at closing out games late.
- PlayAction: Stopping the run with light boxes could be key for Vikings, Bills - Buffalo News
- Top 7 storylines to know for Bills vs. Vikings | Week 10 - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills’ Stefon Diggs ready to meet former team: ‘I feel like this was part of my plan’ - Buffalo News
- One of the hottest teams is coming to town: What to know about Bills vs. Vikings - Democrat & Chronicle
- 7 things to watch for in Bills vs. Vikings | Week 10 - BuffaloBills.com
QB Josh Allen carries questionable designation
On Friday, Bills head coach Sean McDermott said his team’s star QB, Josh Allen, is questionable for Sunday’s clash with the Vikings, and that the team is taking an “hour-by-hour” approach to Allen’s playing status. We hear from McDermott on the status of his injured quarterback, and find out why the team is confident that backup QB Case Keenum could step in and guide the offense if Allen has to miss the game.
- Bills QB Josh Allen listed as questionable for Vikings game - Buffalo News
- Bills Mailbag: Josh Allen’s ‘questionable’ status will lead to plenty of wondering until Sunday’s game - Buffalo News
- Josh Allen not yet ruled out of Sunday’s game against Vikings - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills QB Josh Allen questionable vs. Vikings with elbow injury - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Bills’ Josh Allen ran off field on Friday when media arrived at practice, is questionable vs. Vikings - newyorkupstate.com
- Josh Allen officially ‘questionable’ Sunday against Vikings - WGR 550
- Bills not rushing decision on Josh Allen, list QB as questionable - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
- Bills QB Josh Allen listed as questionable ahead of Sunday vs. Vikings, two others ruled out - BuffaloBills.com
- McDermott: Case Keenum has that ‘it’ factor - WGR 550
Cook brothers set to face off for first time
When Dalvin Cook and the Minnesota Vikings take on James Cook and the Buffalo Bills, it will mark the first time the Cook brothers have squared off on the football field. The day is bound to bring about a “lot of emotions” while representing a “dream come true” for the two brothers.
- ‘Lot of emotions’: Bills-Vikings marks family milestone for James and Dalvin Cook - Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
- Inside the Bills: A Cook family first – James and Dalvin excited to compete against each other for first time - Buffalo News
- “Dream come true” | Brothers James & Dalvin Cook to share the field for first time ever as Bills and Vikings meet - BuffaloBills.com
Even more Bills news and notes
Read about midseason grades for Buffalo’s players, revisit the circumstances that led to Pro Bowl WR Stefon Diggs’ trade from Minnesota to Buffalo, plus whether it’s more important for the Bills or their primary AFC rivals, the Kansas City Chiefs, to claim the top seed in the AFC.
- Despite tough losses, Bills bring home good midseason grades - Democrat & Chronicle
- ‘I had to bet on myself’: Untold stories from Stefon Diggs’ trade demand and the Bills’ pursuit - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Do Bills or Chiefs need top seed in AFC more? - WGR 550
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Vikings injury report: Josh Allen questionable; two defenders ruled out - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Vikings game analysis: Minnesota good and bad for what ails Buffalo - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Vikings preview: Five Buffalo players to watch, with bonus fun - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Vikings game preview NFL Week 10: A top-level look at Minnesota - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Vikings game preview: Five Minnesota players to watch - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills fan confidence at a season low following Jets loss, Josh Allen injury - Buffalo Rumblings