The Buffalo Bills found new ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory during Sunday’s 33-30 overtime loss against the Minnesota Vikings.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off by recapping the good, the bad, and the ugly from Buffalo’s disturbing loss to Minnesota—a setback that dropped the Bills into third place in the AFC East and sixth place in the AFC.
Bills Vikings recap: Another stunning loss for Buffalo
Read game stories and recaps, relive the key plays that influenced the outcome, and hear from quarterback Josh Allen, head coach Sean McDermott, and others after the Bills found themselves on the wrong end of the game of the year.
- How It Happened: Top plays, standout players from Bills’ 33-30 overtime loss to Minnesota - Buffalo News
- Plays that shaped the game: Cam Lewis laments Justin Jefferson’s miraculous catch - Buffalo News
- Bills choke again, Josh Allen’s reckless play leads to debacle against Vikings - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills lose to Vikings in overtime shocker - WGR 550
- Vikings win wild back-and-forth thriller vs. Bills, move to 8-1 - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
- Bills collapse in devastating 33-30 overtime loss to Vikings in NFL’s game of the year - Democrat & Chronicle
- What happened between Josh Allen and Mitch Morse on Bills’ botched snap vs. Vikings? - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills QB Josh Allen on overtime interception: ‘Bad ball, bad decision’ - Buffalo News
- Vikings stun Bills 33-30 in overtime thriller | Game recap, stats to know and highlights - BuffaloBills.com
- Vikings vs. Bills - Game Recap - November 13, 2022 - ESPN
- Allen struggles again in unexpected return - WGR 550
- McDermott: Turnovers make it hard to win football games - WGR 550
- Josh Allen takes blame as his 3 turnovers doom Bills in OT loss - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
- How Josh Allen’s turnovers plagued Bills in ‘Game of the Year’ choke vs. Vikings - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Vikings come back on Bills, win seventh straight behind electric Justin Jefferson - The Athletic (subscription required)
Bills news, notes, observations from the loss
Was this the most painful regular-season loss of McDermott’s tenure leading the Bills? If not, it’s certainly near the top of the list, especially when you consider that all Buffalo had to do to emerge victorious following a clutch goal-line stand was kill the final 44 seconds.
Among the positives: Von Miller had another huge game with clutch plays down the stretch, Stefon Diggs continues to shine as one of the league’s top wideouts, Buffalo’s goal-line defense came up clutch time and time again, rookie cornerback Christian Benford delivered a great performance despite some late-game penalties, and Allen didn’t appear to have any lingering side effects from the elbow injury he suffered against the New York Jets.
The negatives? The Bills allowed a 17-point, second-half lead to evaporate, Buffalo’s depleted secondary had no answer for Justin Jefferson, Allen threw two back-breaking interceptions, the team abandoned the run game in the second half following an effective performance in the first half, and the Bills allowed the Vikings to complete eight third- or fourth-and-long situations. Plus, read through report cards and positional grades.
- Three Questions: Call it the most painful regular-season loss of the Sean McDermott era - Buffalo News
- Observations: ‘24-hour rule’ won’t be long enough for Bills to forget horrendous collapse to Vikings - Buffalo News
- 7 Bills observations vs. Vikings: Bills fall victim to Justin Jefferson, season hits inflection point - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Bills, Vikings played craziest game of 2022 season - WGR 550
- Report Card: Too much sloppy football gets better of Bills - Buffalo News
- Josh Allen, Bills crumble in second half to Vikings, fall in OT 33-30 (Report card) - newyorkupstate.com
- Ryan O’Halloran: Bills quarterback Josh Allen searching for answers, must find them in a hurry - Buffalo News
- Capaccio: Arrow Up/Arrow Down: Vikings at Bills - WGR 550
- Allen in red zone ‘really trusts his arm and we knew that,’ Vikings’ Peterson says after two interceptions - Buffalo News
- Top 3 things we learned from Bills vs. Vikings | Week 10 - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills’ Stefon Diggs, Vikings’ Justin Jefferson both shine, but jersey swap will have to wait - Buffalo News
- NFL Week 10 takeaways: Are Vikings a Super Bowl threat? Is Josh McDaniels’ job safe? - The Athletic (subscription required)
- After Justin Jefferson’s one-handed, game-saving grab, Bills DB has one regret - newyorkupstate.com
- Despite ‘don’t blink’ mantra, Stefon Diggs thinks Buffalo Bills are doing just that - newyorkupstate.com
- NFL VP of Officiating on Davis non-review, Cousins stop at goal line, Allen fumble - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills 30, Minnesota Vikings 33: Rapid recap and notes - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Vikings score recap: Not even Von Miller can save Buffalo right now - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Vikings score recap: Five things we learned in Buffalo’s 33-30 loss - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Vikings postgame call-in show after 33-30 OT loss - Buffalo Rumblings
- NFL playoff picture: Buffalo Bills fall to third place in AFC East - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Browns spread, odds, bets: Buffalo opens as 8.5-point favorites - Buffalo Rumblings