Linebacker Matt Milano was everywhere during the Buffalo Bills’ 31-23 win over the Cleveland Browns in Week 11, prompting defensive tackle Jordan Phillips to start stumping for Milano as the NFL’s Defensive Player of the Year.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off by breaking down Milano’s clutch performance against Cleveland, which included making 12 tackles (three for a loss) with one sack and one big fumble recovery.
Bills-Browns: Matt Milano’s big day, plus final thoughts on the win
Milano has played lights-out this entire season for the Bills, amassing 55 total tackles (10 for a loss) with five pass breakups, two interceptions, one sack, one fumble recovery, and one touchdown. Does Milano have a right to be in the conversation for NFL Defensive Player of the Year?
Plus, the Bills earned a much-needed win over Cleveland as their backups on defense stepped up big-time in containing the Browns’ offense in what felt like a must-win for Buffalo.
- Upon Further Review: Defensive Player of the Year? Teammates make case for Bills linebacker Matt Milano - Buffalo News
- Ryan O’Halloran: Mission ‘Two Wins In Five Days’ gets off to positive, needed start - Buffalo News
- Graham: How the Bills backups proved their mettle with Jacoby Brissett stuffing - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Bills get what felt like a must win game - WGR 550
- Buffalo Bills follow through on Lions’ requests after 31-23 win over Browns - newyorkupstate.com
- Alan Pergament: CBS’ Andrew Catalon showcases knowledge of Bills and fans except at the end - Buffalo News
Bills injuries: Tremaine Edmunds, A.J. Epenesa ‘a stretch’ to play
Linebacker Tremaine Edmunds sat out Buffalo’s 31-23 win over the Browns with a combination of groin and heel injuries, while defensive end A.J. Epenesa injured his left foot during the first half of that game. Head coach Sean McDermott said it’s “a stretch” that either will suit up when the Bills take on the Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving.
Even more Bills news
McDermott also confirmed the team will get in a full practice session on Tuesday before traveling back to the Motor City for their Thanksgiving Day clash with the Detroit Lions. Plus, Buffalo brings back a familiar face to bolster the defensive line: Kingsley Jonathan, who spent training camp with Buffalo.
- Bills will have full practice on Tuesday - WGR 550
- Former Syracuse DL Kingsley Jonathan signs with Buffalo Bills (SU, CNY in the NFL) - newyorkupstate.com
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills 31, Browns 23 recap: Revisiting five Buffalo players to watch - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Lions news: Tremaine Edmunds, A.J. Epenesa longshots to play - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills 31, Browns 23 recap: Revisiting five Cleveland players to watch - Buffalo Rumblings
- Matt Milano receives Defensive Player of the Year vote from teammate Jordan Phillips - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Browns recap: Win probability metrics highlight a game rarely in doubt - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Browns snap counts: Matt Milano, Jordan Poyer return on defense - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs Lions Week 12 spread, odds, bets: Buffalo opens as favorites in Detroit - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills injuries: Key defenders have missed 38 games (and counting) - Buffalo Rumblings