After serving as a one-man wrecking ball in the Buffalo Bills’ 28-25 win over the Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving Day, today’s edition of the Buffalo Rumblinks leads off with the news that defensive tackle Ed Oliver was named the AFC’s Defensive Player of the Week. Oliver becomes the third Bills player to net the award this year.
Ed Oliver named AFC Defensive Player of the Week
Oliver earned the honor after a dominant performance that saw him make six tackles, bring down Jared Goff in the end zone for a timely safety, force and recover a fumble, and add another pressure in what could easily be the finest game of Oliver’s young Bills career. Oliver becomes Buffalo’s second straight AFC Defensive Player of the Week honoree, joining linebacker Matt Milano, who won the award last week. This is Oliver’s first time earning AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors.
- Ed Oliver named AFC Defensive Player of the Week - WGR 550
- Bills DT Ed Oliver named AFC Defensive Player of the Week - BuffaloBills.com
Von Miller hoping to return from injury in Week 14
With an ailing knee that will keep him sidelined for at least this week’s road clash with the New England Patriots, future Hall of Fame pass rusher Von Miller told his fans that he intends on returning to action in time for Buffalo’s pivotal Week 14 AFC East home date with the New York Jets.
- Von Miller on The Voncast: ‘Hopefully, right before the Jets game, I will be back’ - Buffalo News
- Bills’ Von Miller provides injury update and timeline for possible return vs. AFC East rival - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills’ Von Miller addresses knee injury, targets Week 14 return - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
Greg Rousseau, Tremaine Edmunds, A.J. Epenesa set to return
The Bills will need the rest of their pass rushers to step up with Miller sidelined, and thankfully, it appears that A.J. Epenesa and Greg Rousseau are moving in a “good direction” when it comes to their availability for Thursday night’s showdown with the New England Patriots in Foxborough, MA. The same cannot be said for Miller and starting left tackle Dion Dawkins, who both were ruled out for the Week 13 game vs. New England.
- Bills Notebook: A.J. Epenesa, Greg Rousseau moving in ‘good direction’ toward playing Thursday - Buffalo News
- With no Von Miller vs. Patriots, Bills coach says high draft picks must ‘step up and go for it’ - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills rule out OL Dion Dawkins and LB Von Miller vs. Patriots - BuffaloBills.com
Even more Bills news and notes
We discuss how mounting injuries have created a big challenge for Buffalo’s defense, speculate on whether Josh Allen’s recent play is cause for concern, remember former Bills center Al Bemiller, a two-time AFL champion, and more!
- One chart that sums up the challenge faced by Bills defense this season - Buffalo News
- NFL quarterback questions: Concern for Josh Allen, Mac Jones? - ESPN.com
- Bills two-time AFL champion, Al Bemiller passed away - BuffaloBills.com
- Dane Brugler’s NFL mock draft 2023, 1.0: Where do Bryce Young, C.J. Stroud land? - The Athletic (subscription required)
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills’ Ed Oliver named AFC Defensive Player of Week 12 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Miller, Dawkins out for Bills-Patriots Week 13 tilt - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills remain near top of Week 13 NFL power rankings - Buffalo Rumblings
- Can the Bills win the Super Bowl without Von Miller? - Buffalo Rumblings
- A.J. Klein quarterbacks Bills’ defense against Lions - Buffalo Rumblings