When the Buffalo Bills travel to New Jersey to take on the New York Jets Sunday afternoon, they will be without their All-Pro safety, Jordan Poyer.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off by breaking down the Poyer injury news while also sharing that the Bills did get some good news on the injury front for their showdown with the Jets.
Jordan Poyer injury will keep safety out vs. Jets
Poyer re-injured his ailing elbow in last week’s win over the Green Bay Packers on Sunday Night Football, and head coach Sean McDermott ruled Poyer out for Sunday’s clash with the Jets. But the Bills did receive some better news concerning other injured players, as talented edge rusher Von Miller, who was dealing with an ankle injury that kept him out of practice for a few days this week, was a full practice participant on Friday and carries no injury designation into the Week 9 game.
- Bills’ Jordan Poyer will not play against New York Jets; Matt Milano listed as questionable - Buffalo News
- Bills vs. Jets injury update: Buffalo gets some good news ahead of road game vs. AFC East rival - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills injury updates: Jordan Poyer ruled out vs. Jets, two players listed as questionable | Week 9 - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills’ Von Miller practices, set to face Jets; Jordan Poyer out - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
Bills Jets game preview: Quinnen Williams vs. Buffalo O-Line
The Jets have developed a physical, deep, and talented group of defensive linemen that are making life difficult for opposing offenses. Heading into Week 9, the Jets rank second in the NFL in yards allowed per rush (3.84), often causing chaos with their ability to penetrate into the backfield. Leading up to Sunday’s clash with the Jets, read up on the challenge the Jets’ D-Line presents for Buffalo’s offensive line, why Buffalo’s offense became much more explosive and intriguing with the addition of running back Nyheim Hines, why it isn’t fair to compare every struggling young quarterback to how Josh Allen struggled early in his career, and whether the Bills are the team to beat after the NFL trade deadline passed.
- PlayAction: Staying on same level key for Bills OL vs. Jets’ Quinnen Williams & Co. - Buffalo News
- Why the Bills’ possibilities with Nyheim Hines are so intriguing, more Week 9 thoughts - The Athletic (subscription required)
- LISTEN: McDermott: Hines offers us position flexibility - WGR 550
- Mark Gaughan: Dream on! Josh Allen has become poster boy for opponents’ wishful thinking - Buffalo News
- Are Bills still team to beat after NFL Trade Deadline? - WGR 550
Even more Bills news and notes
We hear from newly acquired safety Dean Marlowe and his wife, Marlana, about their emotional return to the Bills, see why long snapper Reid Ferguson was named Buffalo’s nominee for the 2022 NFL Salute to Service Award, spotlight the ways the NYC Bills Backers are welcoming Bills fans who are making the trek to New Jersey for Sunday’s game, and more!
- Return to the Bills an emotional full circle for Dean and Marlana Marlowe - Buffalo News
- Reid Ferguson named the Bills nominee for the 2022 NFL Salute to Service Award - BuffaloBills.com
- NYC Bills Backers set to welcome fans to the Big Apple - BuffaloBills.com
- Inside the Bills: Why Sean McDermott is pulling so hard for the Philadelphia Union this weekend - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Jets game preview: Five Buffalo players to watch - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Jets game preview: Five New York players to watch - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Jets game preview, analysis: Zach Wilson struggling vs. pressure - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Jets video preview: What to know about Robert Saleh’s squad - Buffalo Rumblings
- Nyheim Hines trade, Packers recap, Jets preview: Not Another Buffalo Podcast - Buffalo Rumblings