Quarterback Josh Allen threw two more terrible interceptions and the Buffalo Bills’ run defense was gashed and gouged for the second straight game as the Bills suffered a demoralizing 20-17 loss Sunday to the New York Jets.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off by recapping the good, the bad, and the ugly from Buffalo’s shocking loss to the Jets.
Bills-Jets game recaps
The Bills entered Sunday riding high thanks to a five-game winning streak. They departed New Jersey feeling dejected after dropping a 20-17 decision to the Jets. Read game stories and recaps, relive the key plays that influenced the outcome, and hear from quarterback Josh Allen, head coach Sean McDermott, and others after the Bills were pushed around by the Jets, falling to 0-2 against AFC East foes this year.
- Bills receivers unable to counter halftime adjustments by Jets defense - Buffalo News
- Graham: For Josh Allen and Bills, it’s a performance that stinks against Jets - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Bills lose sloppy game to Jets, go 0-2 in divisional play - WGR 550
- Bills vs. Jets - Game Recap - November 6, 2022 - ESPN
- Bills get tripped up by Jets, lose 20-17 | Game recap, highlights and stats to know - BuffaloBills.com
- Jets 20, Bills 17: Game Recap - Democrat & Chronicle
- Plays that shaped the game: Bad angles, overflows, no shedding mark Jets’ winning drive - Buffalo News
- Bills offense flops, Josh Allen throws two more picks in inexcusable loss to Jets - Democrat & Chronicle
- McDermott: Bills needs to be less one-dimensional - WGR 550
- Allen frustrated with himself again after loss to Jets - WGR 550
- Josh Allen says his ‘bad decisions’ cost Bills in loss to Jets - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
- “No panic, we got a great team” | Bills rally around one another amidst loss to Jets - BuffaloBills.com
Bills news, notes, observations from the loss
What on Earth is wrong with Allen? For the second straight week, Allen struggled big-time, this time against the talented Jets defense, throwing a pair of back-breaking interceptions.
Plus, read report cards and positional grades, analysis on a humbling road loss for the Bills, explore how Buffalo abandoned the run game and became too one-dimensional, and a discussion about what the team can do to solve its suddenly leaky run defense.
- Three questions: Josh Allen’s INTs top problem list as Jets D proves it’s legit - Buffalo News
- Ryan O’Halloran: Josh Allen directs blame at himself for Bills’ loss ... accurately so - Buffalo News
- Bills burned by sloppy Josh Allen, woeful run defense in another poor finish - Democrat & Chronicle
- What in the world is going on with Bills QB Josh Allen? He said he played like s*** - newyorkupstate.com
- How the 2022 Jets channeled the 2021 Jaguars to hand Bills another AFC East loss - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Report Card: Run defense, passing attack get failing grades in Bills’ loss to Jets - Buffalo News
- It’s time to call Odell Beckham Jr. after Bills fall to 0-2 in division following 20-17 loss to Jets (Report card) - newyorkupstate.com
- Observations: Run defense gets trampled in Bills’ disappointing loss to Jets - Buffalo News
- Capaccio: Arrow Up/Arrow Down: Bills at Jets - WGR 550
- 8 straight runs! Von Miller has idea to help fix Bills’ sudden run defense woes - newyorkupstate.com
- Need More from Allen and Dorsey - WGR 550
- Top 3 things we learned from Bills vs. Jets | Week 9 - BuffaloBills.com
Josh Allen elbow injury of concern
As if getting pushed around by the Jets wasn’t bad enough, Allen appeared to hurt his arm late in the loss. After the setback, Allen admitted he has “slight pain” in his throwing arm, but that he will “get through it.”
- Bills QB Josh Allen says he has ‘slight pain’ in arm after hit, but ‘I’ll get through it’ - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Jets game recap Week 9: Five things we learned about Buffalo - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills 17, New York Jets 20: Rapid recap and notes - Buffalo Rumblings
- Josh Allen injury of concern for Buffalo Bills after loss to Jets - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills Jets game, penalty recap: Gabe Davis no-call was correct - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs. Jets Overreaction Post Game Show - Buffalo Rumblings