The Buffalo Bills secured their third win in the last 12 days with a convincing 24-10 triumph over the New England Patriots on Thursday Night Football. It was the first time the Bills have won three straight games in Foxborough, MA since the 1992-94 seasons.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off by recapping the good, the bad, and the ugly from Buffalo’s victory over New England, as the Bills picked up their first AFC East win this year while pulling into sole possession of first place in the division — for now.
Bills-Patriots Thursday Night Football recap
Read game stories and recaps, relive the key plays that influenced the outcome, and hear from quarterback Josh Allen, head coach Sean McDermott, and others after the Bills earned a convincing win over the Patriots to improve to 9-3 on the year with their third straight win.
- Final: Buffalo Bills defeat New England Patriots 24-10 - Buffalo News
- ‘It wasn’t easy.’ 3 wins in 12 days, all on the road, makes Bills victory impressive - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills dominate Patriots, earn first division win of season - WGR 550
- Bills handle Patriots with ease as Buffalo defense dominates in first game without Von Miller - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Josh Allen leads Bills to first AFC East win of season over Patriots - ESPN.com
- Bills vs. Patriots - Game Recap - December 1, 2022 - ESPN
- Balanced Bills beat Patriots soundly 24-10 in Foxborough | Recap, highlights and stats to know - BuffaloBills.com
- How It Happened: Allen, Cook, defense help Bills notch first AFC East win of the season in New England - Buffalo News
- Plays that shaped the game: It was shades of wild-card rout as Josh Allen put Pats’ spy in a blender - Buffalo News
- Josh Allen threw a touchdown while in mid-air against the Patriots - Democrat & Chronicle
- McDermott happy with Bills’ first division win - WGR 550
- Allen proud of Bills’ mentality throughout stretch of games - WGR 550
- Bills’ Jordan Poyer on near interception: ‘What’s a catch, nowadays?’ - Buffalo News
Bills news, notes, observations from Week 13
After letting the Patriots hang around for much of the first half, the Bills delivered a knockout punch in the third quarter, marching 94 yards in 15 plays — and taking nearly nine minutes off the clock — as Devin Singletary scored on a one-yard run to conclude a back-breaking touchdown drive.
Below, read up on why wide receiver Stefon Diggs was the MVP of Buffalo’s win over New England, whether running back James Cook has supplanted Singletary as lead back, how All-Pro safety Jordan Poyer delivered a huge performance, and how Shaq Lawson, Greg Rousseau, A.J. Epenesa, and the defensive line stepped up in the first game without Von Miller.
- Observations: Marathon drive rights ship for Bills’ offense, leading to big divisional win over Patriots - Buffalo News
- 7 observations from Bills’ Thursday night handling of Patriots: Finally — an AFC East win - The Athletic (subscription required)
- For Bills defensive line, life without Von Miller begins successfully - Buffalo News
- Three questions: Thoughts on the Bills’ 12-day odyssey, McDermott vs. Belichick, Von Miller’s absence - Buffalo News
- Report Card: Coaching staff deserves credit after third win in 12 days - Buffalo News
- Bills report card: James Cook breaks out, defense smothers Patriots - Democrat & Chronicle
- Capaccio: Arrow Up/Arrow Down: Bills at Patriots - WGR 550
- Let James Cook: Bills’ rookie back runs wild on Patriots defense (Report card) - newyorkupstate.com
- Graham: What the Bills taught us with three road wins over 12 grueling days - The Athletic
- Top 3 things we learned from Bills vs. Patriots | Thursday Night Football - BuffaloBills.com
- Simon: Patriots still not in same league as Bills - WGR 550
- Bills QB Josh Allen on meeting Jay-Z after game: ‘I’m not sure he knew exactly who I was’ - Buffalo News
- Josh Allen dons jersey of Bills Mafia fan favorite pre-game vs. Patriots - newyorkupstate.com
- An unshaven Josh Allen admits he took deal with Gillette in part to troll Patriots - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills defense causes Patriots’ Mac Jones to throw expletive-filled tantrum in loss on Thursday night - newyorkupstate.com
- Bill Belichick reveals why Patriots waved white flag, refused to use timeouts late vs. Bills - newyorkupstate.com
Von Miller injury: Bills place star pass rusher on IR
Before the win over New England, Buffalo placed future Pro Football Hall of Fame pass rusher Von Miller on injured reserve, sidelining Miller for the team’s next four games (including the Patriots game).
- Bills place Von Miller on injured reserve: What we know - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills’ Von Miller lands on IR with knee injury. How will Buffalo handle his minimum 4-week absence? - The Athletic (subscription required)
Bills hosting WR Odell Beckham Jr.
Talented free-agent wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. kicks off his tour on Friday, and the Bills are one of three teams OBJ is reported to be visiting, along with the New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys.
- Odell Beckham Jr. to kick off free-agent tour by visiting Giants; Bills, Cowboys likely next - newyorkupstate.com
- Ryan O’Halloran: Hey, Bills, three wins in 12 days is great. Now go get Odell Beckham Jr. - Buffalo News
- OBJ free agency: Cowboys, Bills, Giants stars entice WR - ESPN.com
- Giants, Cowboys or Bills - Where will Odell Beckham Jr. land? - ESPN.com
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills 24, New England Patriots 10: Rapid recap and notes - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Patriots score: Five things we learned from Buffalo’s 24-10 win - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoff Picture: How Bills can claim one-seed in AFC by Sunday night - Buffalo Rumblings
- Jordan Phillips injury: Bills DT leaves win late with shoulder issue - Buffalo Rumblings
- Von Miller injury: Bills place star edge rusher on IR - Buffalo Rumblings