After Singletary clearly established himself as Buffalo’s lead back over the second half of 2021, and after Moss took a step backwards in his second season with the Bills, today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by examining the state of Buffalo’s running backs.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- BBR: New 3-round mock draft for the Buffalo Bills addresses needs at CB, WR and DE - Buffalo Rumblings
- Billieve: Adding Speed to WR Room and the Role of Gabriel Davis - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills’ linebackers coach Bob Babich to retire - Buffalo Rumblings
- NABP | Reverse Draft: Worst Traditions in Sports - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
State of the running backs
Devin Singletary took a major step forward during his third season with the Bills, demonstrating he could handle the pressure of serving as Buffalo’s lead back. Especially over the second half of the year, Singletary was an effective and efficient runner for a Bills ground game that enjoyed a resurgence, becoming a proficient pass catcher out of the backfield while showing improvement as a pass blocker. The same cannot be said of Moss, who regressed after a promising rookie season.
Linked here are looks at Buffalo’s running backs, a debate whether the Bills should draft a back in the 2022 NFL Draft, analysis of how Moss could factor into the Bills’ offensive plans next year, and discussion about how the team could address the backfield situation this offseason.
- Capaccio: 2022 State of the Bills: Running Back - WGR 550
- Bills Mailbag: How does Zack Moss factor into the 2022 offensive plan? | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Devin Singletary’s surge was essential, but should it stop the Bills from drafting a RB? – The Athletic (subscription required).
LB coach Bob Babich set to retire
After five seasons on head coach Sean McDermott’s staff as linebackers coach, Bob Babich is retiring. His son, Bobby Babich, will take over as linebackers coach for 2022.
- Bills linebackers coach Bob Babich planning to retire | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Report: Bills linebackers coach Bob Babich to retire - WGR 550
Odds and ends
We hear from defensive tackle Harrison Phillips on why he wants to continue his career development with the Bills, and learn about how tight end Dawson Knox plans on tackling the offseason following his breakthrough 2021 season. Plus, whether free-agent cornerback Malcolm Butler would be a good fit for the team’s defense, which Bills garnered postseason awards and honors, and more!
- Bills defensive tackle Harrison Phillips eager to reach his potential in Buffalo | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills tight end Dawson Knox plans similar approach to offseason after breakout year | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Buffalo Bills might want to take a close look at cornerback Malcolm Butler - Sports Illustrated Buffalo Bills News, Analysis and More
- Bills who earned postseason awards and honors in the 2021 NFL season - BuffaloBills.com
- Game day spending, player payrolls, small-market economics: What public documents tell us about the Buffalo Bills | Business Local | buffalonews.com
- Why Colin Cowherd labeled Sean McDermott the best young defensive coach in football - BuffaloBills.com