Mitch Morse, the current starting center for the Buffalo Bills, is entering the final year of the four-year deal he signed during the free-agency period in 2019 and, to date, the veteran center has certainly lived up to that deal.
Today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by reviewing Morse’s play in 2021. With an $11.25 million cap hit in 2022, we make the case for why now is a good time to extend Morse’s deal while giving Buffalo some much-needed salary cap relief for the 2022 season.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- All-22 year in review: Center Mitch Morse - Buffalo Rumblings
- Opinion: Mitch Morse is a sneaky extension candidate for 2022 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Free-agent center options for the Buffalo Bills to sign - Buffalo Rumblings
- 2022 NFL Draft: Investing in the future at center - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills re-sign WR/ST Jake Kumerow - Buffalo Rumblings
- Projecting a contract for all the Buffalo Bills’ free agents - Buffalo Rumblings
- The Bruce Exclusive: Dogmatic roster-building principles - Buffalo Rumblings
- NABP | Calvin Ridley, Cole Beasley, and more - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Bills bring back WR Jake Kumerow
Buffalo and wide receiver Jake Kumerow agreed to terms on a one-year contract, bringing back the veteran wideout who is also a valuable special teams contributor. This will be Kumerow’s third season playing with the Bills.
- Bills re-sign wide receiver Jake Kumerow to one-year deal | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills re-sign wide receiver Jake Kumerow to one-year deal - WGR 550
- Bills agree to terms with Jake Kumerow - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills cut OG Jon Feliciano, re-sign WR Jake Kumerow - Democrat & Chronicle
NFL free agency rumors
Free agents are free to sign with their new teams when the NFL league year begins at 1 PM EDT on March 16. We run through some of the names being linked to the Bills, including former New York Giants tight end Evan Engram, former Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver D.J. Chark, Los Angeles Chargers edge rusher Uchenna Nwosu, and more!
- NFL rumors: Buffalo Bills expected to pursue Giants TE Evan Engram - newyorkupstate.com
- NFL free agency: Which Buffalo Bills 2018 pre-draft visitors will be available? - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills free agents: Defensive line has the potential for an extreme makeover | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- What they’re saying | National analysts assess the Bills’ needs in free agency - BuffaloBills.com
- Can the Bills Afford to be a Big Player in Free Agency? | Bills By The Numbers Ep. 22 - BuffaloBills.com
Shoring up the wide receivers through the NFL Draft
While much attention has been paid to Alabama’s Jameson Williams when it comes to potential wide receiver fits for the Bills in April’s NFL Draft, he’s not the only talented wideout. Learn why Ohio State’s Chris Olave would be a solid deep threat addition, and why Penn State wide receiver Jahan Dotson could be the slot receiver the Bills are looking for...if he falls to pick No. 25.
- Bills may add a deep threat in first round of NFL Draft - Democrat & Chronicle
- Jahan Dotson could be best slot receiver in NFL Draft. Could he fall to the Bills? - Democrat & Chronicle
Odds and ends
Should the Bills deal away middle linebacker Tremaine Edmunds? Plus, the latest news on Buffalo’s proposed new stadium, why adding former Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton could make sense as a backup to Josh Allen, and more!
- Geary: Why Buffalo should consider trading Tremaine Edmunds - WGR 550
- AP source: Buffalo Bills hire architect to design proposed stadium - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills backup quarterback: Why they should look at Cam Newton - Sports Illustrated Buffalo Bills News, Analysis and More
- How the Bills Backers community provides a home away from home for many Bills fans - BuffaloBills.com