The Buffalo Bills have done plenty to address their needs this offseason, bringing in edge rusher Von Miller, guard Rodger Saffold, tight end O.J. Howard, wide receiver Jamison Crowder, defensive tackles Tim Settle and DaQuan Jones, and running back Duke Johnson.
But there’s one position the Bills have not addressed: the second cornerback role. So, today’s edition of the Bills daily links leads off by examining whether the Bills will turn to the NFL Draft to shore up the cornerback position.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Free-agent guards available if Buffalo Bills lose Ryan Bates to Bears - Buffalo Rumblings
- 2022 NFL Free Agency: Jamison Crowder’s incentive-laden Bills contract - Buffalo Rumblings
- Injury analysis: Buffalo Bills RB Duke Johnson - Buffalo Rumblings
- Injury analysis: Buffalo Bills OL Greg Mancz - Buffalo Rumblings
- “Food for Thought” with Nate Geary and Bruce Nolan: Conflicting Feelings - Buffalo Rumblings
- 2022 NFL Free Agency: Shaq Lawson’s Buffalo Bills contract details - Buffalo Rumblings
- 2022 NFL Free Agency: Buffalo Bills LB Marquel Lee contract details - Buffalo Rumblings
- 2022 Free Agency All-22 Analysis: Buffalo Bills DT DaQuan Jones - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Will the Bills turn to the NFL Draft for CB help?
The Bills have a clear need at cornerback, with Levi Wallace departing for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tre’Davious White working his way back from an ACL injury. We discuss whether the Bills will turn to the NFL Draft to find help at cornerback and why Buffalo’s void at the position is more pronounced now that the Miami Dolphins have traded for speedster Tyreek Hill.
- ESPN’s Mel Kiper says Bills aren’t in good spot for a CB late in first round | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Mock Draft II: Cornerback proves too tough to overlook for Bills at No. 25 | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills 7-round post-free-agency mock draft: A running back before a wide receiver or cornerback? – The Athletic (subscription required).
- Bills void at cornerback is more problematic with Tyreek Hill in Miami - Democrat & Chronicle
The latest on G Ryan Bates
The Bills gave restricted free-agent guard Ryan Bates the original round tender of $2.43 million this offseason, meaning if another team signs Bates, Buffalo would not be entitled to draft pick compensation if he leaves the Bills. Bates has reportedly signed an offer sheet with the Chicago Bears, and the Bills now have five days to match the offer or lose Bates to the Bears.
- Report: Ryan Bates signs offer sheet with Bears - WGR 550
- Bears reportedly tender offer sheet to Bills restricted free agent guard Ryan Bates | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bears may lure guard away from Bills with contract offer - Democrat & Chronicle
Bills latest stadium chatter
The Buffalo Bills cleared a major hurdle in securing private financing for their proposed $1.4 billion stadium in Orchard Park. The NFL’s joint stadium and finance committee voted to recommend the league approve a maximum $200 million loan to Bills owners Kim and Terry Pegula. Up next? The 32 teams will vote on the proposal Monday during the annual owners’ meeting. Twenty-four of the 32 owners will need to approve the proposal.
- NFL committee recommends $200M loan for new Bills stadium - WGR 550
- NFL committee approves $200M loan for Bills for stadium construction | wgrz.com
- NFL owners poised to approve $200M loan to help finance $1.4B stadium for Buffalo Bills | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
Odds and ends
The Bills are bringing back special teams standout Taiwan Jones. Plus, there’s positive momentum on a proposal to change the NFL’s overtime rules, Buffalo is becoming a destination for free agents this offseason, and more!
- Taiwan Jones agrees to deal to return to Bills | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Report: Bills re-signing special teamer Taiwan Jones - WGR 550
- Proposals to change NFL OT rules on table but called ‘a big hill to climb’ | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Momentum exists for NFL overtime rule change, but 24 votes ‘not easy to get’ - ESPN.com
- Buffalo’s becoming a destination | Recapping the 2022 free agency period - BuffaloBills.com
- DaQuan Jones, Jamison Crowder, Shaq Lawson are excited for Buffalo’s future - BuffaloBills.com
- How the seismic AFC quarterback shuffle will impact the Bills in 2022 - BuffaloBills.com
- How the Bills Mafia helped Buffalo land Von Miller - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills coaches give back at Buffalo City Mission - BuffaloBills.com