Earlier this week, the Buffalo Bills and New York State announced a new stadium agreement that will keep the Bills in Western New York for the next 30 years.
The Bills will be building a brand new $1.4 billion facility adjacent to the current stadium in Orchard Park, and today’s edition of the Bills links leads off by examining the next steps for the facility, which isn’t expected to break ground until the spring of 2023.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills’ stadium funding among reasons New York State budget is late - Buffalo Rumblings
- Free Agency: Bills went after Patrick Peterson before he re-signed with Vikings - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills will need to create cap space to sign NFL Draft picks - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills have second-highest payroll in NFL, per Over the Cap - Buffalo Rumblings
- Jamie D & Big Newt: A fun offseason so far - Buffalo Rumblings
- The Bruce Exclusive: What’s a pirate’s favorite letter? - Buffalo Rumblings
- NABP | 2 Bills Drive (Coming 2026) - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Next steps in Bills new stadium
Groundbreaking on Buffalo’s new open-air stadium in Orchard Park isn’t expected to occur until next spring, and there’s still a lot that needs to occur before the groundbreaking. Catch up on next steps, plus the reaction from fans and New York state officials on the new deal, why leaders with the Seneca Nation are upset that hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue from their casinos are being used to pay for the new stadium, and how the fans will have their voices heard when it comes to the new facility.
- Here’s what happens next with the Bills stadium deal | Local News | buffalonews.com
- Fans, officials divided on NY’s $1.4 billion deal for new Bills stadium - Democrat & Chronicle
- Public money for Bills stadium raises eyebrows, OT rules change no cure-all: Bills owners’ meetings notes – The Athletic (subscription required)
- Seneca Nation blasts Hochul’s ‘hostile’ plan to pay for Buffalo Bills stadium with casino money - newyorkupstate.com
- Ron Raccuia: Fans Will be a Big Part of the New Stadium - BuffaloBills.com
NFL Draft and CB rumors
Analysis of the latest mock drafts and what pundits think Buffalo will do at pick No. 25, plus why the Bills may be thinking about trading up in the draft, and why Clemson CB Andrew Booth Jr. would make a nice fit for defensive coordinator/assistant head coach Leslie Frazier’s secondary, Also, the Bills did their homework and were interested in signing veteran CB Patrick Peterson before he re-signed with the Minnesota Vikings.
- Cynthia Frelund’s mock draft 2.0 - BuffaloBills.com
- NFL rumors: Bills may attempt aggressive trade up in NFL Draft, ‘part with veteran or two in process’ - newyorkupstate.com
- ESPN’s McShay thinks CB Andrew Booth Jr. would be good option for Bills | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- NFL owners meetings observations: Beane not in any rush to add a cornerback, Farwell’s new boss | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Bills were in on Patrick Peterson; veteran CB returns to Vikings - newyorkupstate.com
The impact of the WR market on a Stefon Diggs extension
Many of the league’s top wideouts, including Devante Adams and Tyreek Hill, recently signed massive contract extensions. How might those deals impact a potential extension for Buffalo wide receiver Stefon Diggs, and why general manager Brandon Beane won’t let Diggs’s contract become “a storyline” for the Bills.
- How will the hot wide receiver market affect a Stefon Diggs extension for Bills? - Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
- Beane: Diggs’ contract ‘won’t be a storyline’ with Bills - WGR 550
Odds and ends
Grading the Bills’ moves in free agency, go behind the scenes on the signing of edge rusher Von Miller, get the latest on the Bills’ proposed anti-tampering resolution that was approved at the owners meeting, hear why backup quarterback Matt Barkley is excited to return to the Bills, and more!
- Bleacher Report gives Bills this high grade for free agency moves - BuffaloBills.com
- Inside the Von Miller signing: An un-Bills like move? Or the last piece to their Super Bowl puzzle? – The Athletic (subscription required).
- Rams’ Sean McVay: Von Miller will ignite other Bills players | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- NFL passes anti-tampering resolution submitted by Bills - WGR 550
- Capaccio: Introducing: ‘Josh Allen Rule’ - WGR 550
- ‘Bitcoin’ Barkley excited to return to Bills and to talk cryptocurrency on new podcast | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- Sean McDermott explains why Josh Allen is so special to the Bills franchise - BuffaloBills.com
- Report: Cole Beasley played through three broken ribs during 2021 season for Bills | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com