The Buffalo Bills have enjoyed tremendous stability from their linebackers over the years, and this is the fifth consecutive year where the team’s starting linebackers are set in stone. But today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off by assessing the state of Buffalo’s linebackers while wondering if the Bills have the right cast of backup linebackers behind starters Tremaine Edmunds and Matt Milano.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills rookies report to training camp Monday - Buffalo Rumblings
- 90 Buffalo Bills players in 90 days: TE Tommy Sweeney - Buffalo Rumblings
- BBR: Training camp can’t get here soon enough - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills used Senior Bowl less in 2022 than 2021 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Poll: Who leads the Buffalo Bills in sacks this season? - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC East fantasy football quarterback rankings - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Previewing Buffalo’s linebackers
Make no mistake about it: Tremaine Edmunds is Buffalo’s starting middle linebacker, while Matt Milano is the starting weakside linebacker. Edmunds has been remarkably healthy, missing only two games due to injury over his four seasons with the Bills, while Milano has played 71 of a possible 81 games in his career. But what is the depth like behind Edmunds and Milano, and what happens if one of Buffalo’s two starting linebackers gets hurt?
- Training camp preview: Are backups behind Tremaine Edmunds, Matt Milano good enough? - Buffalo News
- Bills training camp positional preview: Will Tremaine Edmunds stay in Buffalo long term? - The Athletic (subscription required).
- Tyrel Dodson has full plate as key Bills backup linebacker - Buffalo News
The state of Buffalo’s defensive line
The biggest and splashiest offseason moves made by the Bills involved their defensive line, with Buffalo signing future Pro Football Hall of Fame edge rusher Von Miller, adding defensive tackles DaQuan Jones and Tim Settle, and bringing back former Bills Shaq Lawson and Jordan Phillips. The defensive line saw significant change. What can Bills fans expect from their re-worked defensive line?
- Training camp preview: Change is theme of offseason for Bills’ defensive line - Buffalo News
- Bills defensive end Boogie Basham aims for consistency - Buffalo News
Odds and ends
Learn why Bills wide receiver Stefon Diggs is lobbying general manager Brandon Beane to sign veteran cornerback Joe Haden, find out the latest details on Buffalo’s new stadium, explore whether wide receiver Gabriel Davis can build upon last year’s historic playoff performance, and more!
- Stefon Diggs vs. Joe Haden at training camp? Bills WR wants team to look at free agent - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills Mailbag: Downtime on airplanes, subjective stadium rankings and ketchup - Buffalo News
- New stadium, new experience: More details emerge on Buffalo Bills facility - Buffalo News
- GMFB | What does a successful ‘22 season look like for the Bills? - BuffaloBills.com
- Fantasy football 2022: Can Bills receiver Gabriel Davis live up to explosive potential? - The Athletic (subscription required).
- Give 716 Day raised more than $1.1 million in 2022 - BuffaloBills.com