The Buffalo Bills close out their three-game preseason schedule Friday night when they head south to take on the Carolina Panthers, and today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off by discussing the news that, according to head coach Sean McDermott, “most” of Buffalo’s starters won’t suit up in the preseason finale.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Sean McDermott: ‘Most’ of Buffalo’s starters won’t play in preseason finale - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills trade Cody Ford to Arizona Cardinals - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills preseason video review: Christian Benford vs. Broncos - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills Rookie Report following Week 2 of Preseason - Buffalo Rumblings
- Penalty Recap: Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills, preseason - Buffalo Rumblings
- Who we didn’t see in Preseason Week 2: Buffalo Bills vs Denver Broncos - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills wideout Stefon Diggs ranked No. 26 on NFL Top 100 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills safeties Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer each named to NFL Top 100 - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Josh Allen, ‘Most’ Bills starters won’t play vs. Carolina
For fans of the Buffalo Bills hoping to get one last chance to watch the team’s starters before the regular season begins, head coach Sean McDermott ended any speculation on Wednesday, telling reporters that “most” of his starters will sit out the preseason finale.
Which makes sense, considering in Week 2 of the preseason Pro Bowl quarterback Josh Allen, Pro Bowl wide receiver Stefon Diggs, and most of the Bills starters made their preseason debuts during the team’s dress rehearsal game leading up to the regular season—a 42-15 drubbing of the Denver Broncos.
- Josh Allen, ‘most’ Buffalo Bills starters won’t play in preseason finale - Buffalo News
- Josh Allen, most starters not playing against Carolina - WGR 550
- QB Josh Allen & most Bills starters will not play in final preseason game - BuffaloBills.com
Who could be the next Bill(s) traded?
General manager Brandon Beane has a knack for trading players who might not make his 53-man roster and netting draft picks back in return, with the trade of offensive lineman Cody Ford for a fifth-round pick the latest example. Who could be the next member of the Bills dealt away, plus, fallout from the Ford trade and Ford expresses his gratitude to Bills fans and the franchise after he was shipped to the Arizona Cardinals.
- Which Buffalo Bills could be traded next? Zack Moss, O.J. Howard among 5 candidates - newyorkupstate.com
- Is Bills free agent tight end O.J. Howard in danger of being cut or traded? - Democrat & Chronicle
- 4 biggest winners following Cody Ford trade: Bobby Hart to make Bills’ 53-man roster? - newyorkupstate.com
- Cody Ford shares message of thanks to Bills and Buffalo after trade to Arizona Cardinals - Buffalo News
Odds and ends
We see where the Bills check in on the latest ESPN NFL Power Rankings and find out why new offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey is on the hot seat (according to ESPN). Plus, Buffalo’s starters had a busy final practice session leading up to the preseason finale, the Bills are one outlet’s choice for the team to improve the most (record-wise) in 2022, punter Matt Araiza has gone from a lightly regarded prospect to a starting punter in the NFL, and what are the best traits to describe Josh Allen?
- NFL Power Rankings 2022 - Preseason 1-32 poll and hot seat watch for coaches and players - ESPN.com
- Starters get plenty of work at final practice this week - WGR 550
- Predicting NFL teams most likely to improve in 2022 - Numbers, history show Bills, Broncos, Jaguars, Lions, Ravens will win more games - ESPN.com
- From no Power 5 offers to starting NFL punter, Matt Araiza earns his role with Buffalo Bills - BuffaloBills.com
- Bills Today | ESPN Quarterback rankings + NFL’s top nine defenses in 2022 - BuffaloBills.com