Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off by discussing the latest news involving a civil lawsuit alleging that current Buffalo Bills punter Matt Araiza and several of his San Diego State University football teammates gang-raped a 17-year-old high school student last fall.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills punter Matt Araiza among 3 San Diego State football players accused of gang rape - Buffalo Rumblings
- Despite gang-rape allegations, Matt Araiza set to play Friday against Carolina Panthers - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills vs. Carolina Panthers: broadcast info, announcers, streaming, radio, television - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills restructure Dion Dawkins’s contract ahead of 2022 NFL regular season - Buffalo Rumblings
- Top 10 Buffalo Bills 25 and under—No. 4: DE Greg Rousseau - Buffalo Rumblings
- Former Buffalo Bills punter Matt Haack signs with Indianapolis Colts - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC East Roundup: Questions to answer before Week 1 - Buffalo Rumblings
- The Bruce Exclusive: Less certain w/ special guest Chris Trapasso from CBS Sports - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
P Matt Araiza facing sexual assault allegations
Current starting punter Matt Araiza is facing charges of rape stemming from an incident when he was a member of the San Diego State University football team last fall. In the civil lawsuit, filed Thursday in San Diego County Superior Court, Araiza and several of his football teammates are accused of gang-raping a 17-year-old high school student. The accusations are horrific, and could lead to criminal charges.
- Bills punter Matt Araiza accused of rape in civil lawsuit in California - Buffalo News
- Bills punter Matt Araiza, former San Diego State teammates accused in rape lawsuit - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Lawsuit accuses Buffalo Bills punter Matt Araiza of rape - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills punter Matt Araiza accused in gang-rape lawsuit - WGR 550
- Bills Matt Araiza accused in civil lawsuit of participating in rape of a minor - Democrat & Chronicle
- Buffalo Bills punter Matt Araiza, two former San Diego State teammates accused of gang raping minor in lawsuit - ESPN.com
- Here’s why Matt Araiza won’t be suspended by the NFL - Democrat & Chronicle
Bills close out the preseason against the Panthers
The Bills travel south to take on the Carolina Panthers at 7:00 PM Eastern tonight in their preseason finale, and we’ve got you covered with everything you need to know leading up to kickoff, from which players on the roster bubble are looking to solidify their spot on the 53-man roster to how to watch and listen to the game.
- Players on bubble look to impress in Bills’ preseason finale vs. Panthers - Buffalo News
- Which Bills have the most to gain or lose Friday against Panthers? - The Athletic (subscription required)
- 5 players to watch in Bills at Panthers | 2022 preseason finale - BuffaloBills.com
- Simon: Checking in on Bills roster - WGR 550
- Bills view preseason finale as “very important” for roster competition - BuffaloBills.com
- 80 things to know about the Buffalo Bills Preseason Roster - BuffaloBills.com
- How to watch, stream and listen | Bills at Panthers Preseason Week 3 - BuffaloBills.com
- Voice of the Fan: When meaningless preseason games mean everything - Buffalo News
- How to watch Buffalo Bills vs. Carolina Panthers: NFL Preseason time, tv, live stream - newyorkupstate.com
- Howard Picks the Bills: Preseason Week 3 - WGR 550
Bills, LT Dion Dawkins agree to restructured
Earlier this week, Buffalo general manager Brandon Beane was talking about a looming contract restructure for one of his players. Turns out, Pro Bowl starting left tackle Dion Dawkins was that guy, with Dawkins and the team agreeing on a restructure that will create an additional $5.6 million in salary cap space for this year. Buffalo now finds itself with approximately $10 million in cap space for the upcoming season, which could pave the way for another contract extension (All-Pro safety Jordan Poyer, potentially?), or the team has flexibility to bring in players should someone suffer an injury this year.
- Buffalo Bills create more cap space by reworking Dion Dawkins’ contract - Buffalo News
- Report: Bills restructure Dion Dawkins’ contract - WGR 550
Odds and ends
Learn how growing up the son of a U.S. Marine prepared rookie wide receiver Khalil Shakir to handle any challenge thrown his way, find out more about the role rookie running back James Cook could play in Buffalo’s offense, and hear why quarterback guru Jordan Palmer thinks quarterback Josh Allen and the Buffalo community have forged a special bond.