On this week’s episode of the Billieve Podcast, hosts John Boccacino and Jamie D’Amico dissect Buffalo’s convincing 31-10 win over the defending Super Bowl champions, a performance so dominant that even the most optimistic of Bills fans probably didn’t see the team crushing the Rams by three touchdowns despite turning the ball over four times.
Among what Boccacino and D’Amico liked:
- Josh Allen picked up right where he left off last postseason
- Stefon Diggs was as effective and efficient as he’s ever been, and he schooled Jalen Ramsey
- New OC Ken Dorsey showed we can put to bed the notion that Allen and Buffalo’s offense will take a step back without Brian Daboll
- Gabe Davis is the man on deep routes
- Devin Singletary and Zack Moss gave the Bills a nice 1-2 punch in the backfield
- The offensive line pushed around Aaron Donald and the Rams’ front four
- Buffalo didn’t punt for the fourth time in its last six games
- Von Miller led a resurgent Bills pass rush that sacked Matthew Stafford seven times
- Welcome back to Buffalo, Jordan Phillips!
- While Cooper Kupp got his, kudos to rookies Christian Benford and Kaiir Elam for successful NFL debuts
- Buffalo’s defense excelled in containing the ground game
They also offered up a few things they didn’t like:
- Josh Allen taking off and running more than he needed to, absorbing some physical hits from the Rams
- Not a great debut for rookie James Cook
- A bad route run by Jamison Crowder and a bad drop by Isaiah McKenzie were the only blemishes for Allen
Check out the latest episode of the Billieve Podcast, then let us know what you liked and what you didn’t like from Buffalo’s latest primetime win.
Subscribe to the Buffalo Rumblings podcast channel featuring Billieve, Buffalo Rumblings Q&A, Breaking Buffalo Rumblings, Code of Conduct with J. Spence, The Bruce Exclusive, The Buff Hub, Jamie D. & Big Newt, The Overreaction Podcast, Food For Thought, The Chop Up, Hump Day Hotline, Off Tackle with John Fina, Bills Mafia Time 2 Shine, Intentional Grounding, Not Another Buffalo Podcast, Buffalo Nerd Sports Podcast and Circling the Wagons:
Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Google Play | Spotify | Podbean | iHeartRadio | TuneIn | Megaphone | YouTube
Ask Alexa or Google Home to play the Buffalo Rumblings podcast!
Editor’s note: If you’re viewing this in Apple News, you’ll need to head to your podcast app or phone’s web browser to hear the embedded audio file.