Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks breaks down the news that, when the Bills travel to South Beach to take on the Dolphins, they will be missing safety Micah Hyde, defensive tackles Ed Oliver and Jordan Phillips, and cornerback Dane Jackson.
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs Dolphins: Week 3 final injury report - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs Dolphins: HC Sean McDermott rules out three players - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs Titans: All-22 analysis of Buffalo’s rookie CBs - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs Titans: Analysis of Buffalo P Sam Martin - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs Titans: DE Greg Rousseau was a terror - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs Titans: Rookie review - Buffalo Rumblings
- Six former Buffalo Bills among 129 Pro Football Hall of Fame nominees - Buffalo Rumblings
- Former Bills WR Cole Beasley signed to Buccaneers’ practice squad - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills setting precedent for drafting and developing starters - Buffalo Rumblings
Additional Bills news from around the web
Four key defensive starters sidelined vs. Dolphins
Buffalo’s defensive depth will be severely tested by a suddenly red-hot Dolphins offense, especially considering the absence of Pro Bowl safety Micah Hyde (neck), and cornerback Dane Jackson (neck), along with defensive tackles Ed Oliver (ankle), and Jordan Phillips (hamstring). Without those starters in the secondary, head coach Sean McDermott has confidence that his younger players like cornerbacks Christian Benford, Kaiir Elam, Jaquan Johnson and Damar Hamlin will step in and help contain Miami’s potent offense.
- Four defensive players declared out for Bills - WGR 550
- Bills’ Micah Hyde, Jordan Phillips, Dane Jackson, Ed Oliver out vs. Dolphins - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Four Bills key defensive contributors out for Sunday’s game in Miami - Buffalo News
- Bills won’t have Dane Jackson, Micah Hyde, Jordan Phillips for Dolphins game - Democrat & Chronicle
- Buffalo Bills rule out CB Dane Jackson, safety Micah Hyde, DTs Jordan Phillips, Ed Oliver vs. Miami Dolphins - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills Blog
- Injury update: Bills to be without S Micah Hyde (neck), DT Jordan Phillips (hamstring) and CB Dane Jackson (neck) vs. Dolphins - BuffaloBills.com
- ‘They’re gonna show out’: Bills won’t have Micah Hyde vs. Dolphins, will rely on young DBs - newyorkupstate.com
- 5 Bills thoughts heading into Week 3: What will the secondary look like vs. Dolphins? - The Athletic (subscription required)
- McDermott confident in his depth going into Sunday - WGR 550
- Bills Today | “I’m in the position I always wanted to be in” — Bills rookie cornerbacks ready to step up - BuffaloBills.com
Bills plan on using a ‘collective effort’ to contain Dolphins WRs
The Bills know they’ll have their hands full trying to limit Miami’s talented wide receiver duo of Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle, who combined to catch 22 passes for 361 receiving yards and four touchdowns in a 42-38 win over the Baltimore Ravens in Week 2. Defensive coordinator/assistant head coach Leslie Frazier shares how the Bills will employ a “collective effort” to contain Miami’s wideouts. Plus, is this the week embattled Miami QB Tua Tagovailoa finally beats Buffalo? That and more, for all the ways to follow along from home on Sunday.
- Bills to use “a collective effort” to slow down Dolphins WRs - BuffaloBills.com
- PlayAction: Tua Tagovailoa couldn’t ask for better shot to prove Bills fans wrong - Buffalo News
- How to watch Buffalo Bills vs Miami Dolphins: NFL Week 3 time, TV channel, live stream - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills vs. Dolphins | How to watch, stream and listen | Week 3 2022 - BuffaloBills.com
- How to watch, listen to Bills vs. Dolphins on TV, live stream, radio - Democrat & Chronicle
Odds and ends
Read about linebacker Tremaine Edmunds’s future in Buffalo, find out how the Bills have picked up followers across the country, and learn how the Bills Backers of Miami are ready to represent Bills Mafia Sunday afternoon.