Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks offers up insights and analysis into Joe Burrow and Cincinnati’s potent passing game, and what the Bills will need to do to counteract those strengths.
Breaking down Joe Burrow and Cincinnati’s aerial attack
Bengals’ quarterback Joe Burrow is extremely confident, and with a trio of talented wide receivers in Ja’Marr Chase, Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd, who can blame him. Below, read what the Bills defensive backs will need to do to slow down Chase, analysis of Burrow’s game, why the Bengals have become prolific at scoring in the red zone, reasons for Bills fans to be concerned and reasons for Bills fans to be optimistic heading into this showdown, and more!
- PlayAction column: Bills preach rally to ball to try to corral Ja’Marr Chase - Buffalo News
- Ryan O’Halloran: Confident, experienced, Joe Burrow readies for Buffalo Bills – ‘Never feel like an underdog’ - Buffalo News
- How the Bengals could have one big advantage vs. Bills’ elite defense - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Bills roundtable: Reasons to be calm and concerned ahead of Bengals showdown - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Ryan O’Halloran: Future Wyoming governor Logan Wilson presently a key player for Cincinnati defense - Buffalo News
- ‘It just brought our family closer’: Bills’ rematch with Bengals comes with added perspective - Buffalo News
What to make of Josh Allen’s turnover problems
The Bills already possess an elite offense that can score at will. If the Bills are to win it all, Josh Allen needs to find a way to curtail his penchant for turning the ball over.
- Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills’ One Small Problem - The Ringer
- Josh Allen needs to fix turnover woes to advance past Bengals in playoffs - Democrat & Chronicle
Final injury report for Bills vs. Bengals
The Bills will have the services of safety Jordan Poyer for the Divisional Round showdown vs. the Bengals, while defensive tackles Jordan Phillips and DaQuan Jones are questionable for the game. On the other side, the Bengals are expected to be missing three starters on their offensive line: left tackle Jonah Williams, right guard Alex Cappa, and right tackle La’el Collins.
- Phillips, Jones questionable for Sunday’s Divisional Round - WGR 550
- Bills’ Jordan Phillips, DaQuan Jones listed as questionable; Jordan Poyer ready to go - Buffalo News
- Bills injury report for AFC Divisional round vs. Bengals - BuffaloBills.com
- Cincinnati’s revamped offensive line will have three fill-in starters against Bills - Buffalo News
- Bengals’ Joe Burrow will be without these 3 offensive starters vs. Bills - newyorkupstate.com
Latest on injured safety Damar Hamlin
Damar Hamlin, who suffered a traumatic on-field injury that led to a cardiac arrest incident in Week 17, was named as one of five finalists for the NFLPA’s Alan Page community award. Each player will receive a $10,000 donation from the NFLPA for his foundation or charity of choice.
- Damar Hamlin named a finalist for NFLPA Alan Page community award - BuffaloBills.com
- Buffalo Bills’ Damar Hamlin named finalist for community award from NFL players’ union - Buffalo News
- Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin receives supportive call from New York Gov. Kathy Hochul - Buffalo News
Even more Bills news
Tight end Dawson Knox has become one of the most consistent red zone scoring threats for the Bills. Plus, starting left tackle Dion Dawkins was selected as the inaugural “Kent Hull Stand Up Guy” award winner, All-Pro safety Micah Hyde discusses a potential return to the Bills this year, and more!
- Inside the Bills: Dawson Knox’s current touchdown streak puts him in elite company - Buffalo News
- Bills’ Dion Dawkins chosen as inaugural ‘Kent Hull Stand Up Guy’ award winner - Buffalo News
- Q&A with Micah Hyde: Keeping track of the Bills safety’s potential return in the postseason - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Alan Pergament: When it comes to reporting on health issues, privacy is a factor. But it’s not the only one - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills’ Khalil Shakir earning more snaps, but not a full-time role - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Bengals injury report: DaQuan Jones, Jordan Phillips questionable - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Bengals playoff game video preview: Speed Option - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Bengals playoff game preview: Five Questions with Cincy Jungle - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills-Bengals playoff preview: Cincinnati’s running game - Buffalo Rumblings