First off, hats off to Cincinnati - they thoroughly dominated this game despite
- Missing 3 OL - all lost fairly recently including 1 last week so no real time to re-gel...plus one more hurt in game but still played (Bills had full OL)
- Having youngest team of final 8 (Bills oldest)
- Being away game (Bills home)
And, looking ahead, they have 3rd most 2023 cap space available - nearly $50M (Bills in 21st place at -$5M)
They won clearly and convincingly - no blaming the refs, bad luck, etc. – and we ain’t gonna win too many games scoring 10 points.
There’s a lot of woulda / coulda / shoulda’s – win one of NJJ / MIA / MIN games, get bye, hopefully beat JAX and get more worn-out KC or CIN…sign CMC, Dorsey skip Panthers interview, Von and Micah not getting hurt, etc. – but none of that helps now.
So, am certainly disappointed (and I know plenty of fans angry, with justification).
It’s going to be a tough road ahead to get the real prize – and certainly we won’t be SB favorites going into next year…that’s what McD and BBB get paid the big bucks for.
In the meantime, I’m grateful
- This team was so much fun this year – and 14-4 is pretty damn good – and was there for 4 glorious wins (GB, MIA, NJJ, MIA-playoffs) – good times
- The spirit, values and humanity of this team and group of people (family!) is truly second to none – overcoming so much adversity and tragedy…and doing so much good for Buffalo and fans everywhere
- Damar coming back from a near death experience (and arguably was dead for a brief period) – getting choked up just thinking about
- This BR community (family!) has been great – lots of fun and insight…some arguments :) but that’s ok too
A lotta love to go around – that’s a good thing! God bless and Let’s Go Buffalo!