While the Buffalo Bills are attempting the difficult task of preparing for Sunday’s AFC East game with the New England Patriots, the thoughts and prayers of everyone remain with Damar Hamlin, Buffalo’s second-year safety who collapsed on the field in the first quarter of Monday night’s game with the Cincinnati Bengals.
Today’s edition of the Buffalo Rumblinks provides the latest news on Hamlin’s condition. After collapsing, Hamlin received emergency care on the field, including CPR for nearly 10 minutes, before being transported to UC Medical Center, where he remains in critical condition as of Wednesday afternoon.
The latest on Damar Hamlin
According to the Bills, Hamlin remains hospitalized in critical condition as of Wednesday afternoon, with the safety displaying “signs of improvement” as he fights for his life in the intensive care unit.
We get the latest news on Hamlin’s condition, get the perspective from a cardiologist on what happened to Hamlin, and see how Bills and football fans continue to support Hamlin’s charity foundation. We also hear from Kevin Everett, the last Bills player to be involved in an on-field traumatic injury, find out how Bengals’ head coach Zac Taylor praised Bills’ head coach Sean McDermott and Buffalo’s organization for how they handled the terrifying incident, learn what President Biden said to Hamlin’s parents, and more.
- Bills say safety Damar Hamlin has shown signs of improvement - Buffalo News
- Damar Hamlin showing ‘signs of improvement,’ Buffalo Bills say - ESPN.com
- Bills release latest update on Damar Hamlin - BuffaloBills.com
- Damar Hamlin making ‘positive progress’ while in critical condition, his marketing agent says - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Proper medical response for Damar Hamlin ‘prevented a very tragic outcome at that moment’ - Buffalo News
- A cardiologist’s view of what happened to Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin - ESPN.com
- Damar Hamlin’s charity foundation tops $7 million in donations - newyorkupstate.com
- ‘We’re simply awestruck’: Donations to Damar Hamlin’s GoFundMe reach over $7 million - Buffalo News
- NFL rallies to support Bills’ Damar Hamlin as his condition improves - newyorkupstate.com
- Damar Hamlin’s Pennsylvania hometown holds out hope for injured NFL player: ‘He’s just one of our kids’ - newyorkupstate.com
- ‘It brought me all the way back’: Damar Hamlin’s injury forces Kevin Everett to relive the moment his NFL career ended - Buffalo News
- Damar Hamlin and my desensitized soul - Andscape.com
- Unprecedented challenges met with remarkable resilience: A Bills year like no other - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bengals’ Zac Taylor praises Bills coach Sean McDermott for actions - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills blog
- Here’s what Sean McDermott told Bengals coach Zac Taylor after Damar Hamlin collapsed - newyorkupstate.com
- President Biden talked ‘at length’ with parents of Bills safety Damar Hamlin - newyorkupstate.com
- President Biden speaks with Damar Hamlin’s parents after scary injury - Buffalo News
- Harrison Phillips buys dinner for those caring for former Bills teammate Damar Hamlin, collects donations - Buffalo News
What happens to Bills-Bengals game?
While the primary concern is on Damar Hamlin’s health, the NFL is faced with a decision over what to do about the Bills-Bengals game. We hear from the league and run through how the game’s postponement affects the AFC playoff picture.
- NFL: Everything is being considered with schedule - WGR 550
- Will Bills-Bengals game be rescheduled? NFL considers options - Democrat & Chronicle
- NFL still deciding if Bengals-Bills game will resume, says ‘everything is being considered’ - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Joe Burrow weighs in on whether Bills-Bengals game should be played - newyorkupstate.com
- How the Bills-Bengals postponement affects the AFC playoff picture - The Athletic (subscription required)
Even more Bills news and notes
We get the latest injury news on Bills’ cornerback Taron Johnson and quarterback Josh Allen, hear how the league has not discussed postponing Sunday’s Bills/Patriots game, and get to know Buffalo’s newest safety, Jared Mayden.
- Bills’ Taron Johnson limited with concussion; QB Josh Allen on injury report for ankle - Buffalo News
- NFL exec says league has not discussed postponing Sunday’s Bills-Patriots game - Buffalo News
- Bills sign safety Jared Mayden from Jets’ practice squad - WGR 550
- Bills sign safety Jared Mayden to active roster - BuffaloBills.com
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills: Damar Hamlin showing “signs of improvement” - Buffalo Rumblings
- Suspended Bills-Bengals game won’t resume this week, per NFL - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC playoff picture: Bills-Bengals outcome has huge implications - Buffalo Rumblings
- Twitter reacts to Bills safety Damar Hamlin’s medical emergency during MNF - Buffalo Rumblings
- Taron Johnson in concussion protocol as Bills hold walkthrough practice - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills sign safety Jared Mayden, release cornerback Xavier Rhodes - Buffalo Rumblings
- The Bruce Exclusive: The Resiliency Formula - Buffalo Rumblings