While the offense definitely looked more impressive than it had during a recent three-game slide and the defense came up with the crucial stops, there are still some major areas of concern for Buffalo heading into the second half of the season.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off by identifying a few trade targets for Bills general manager Brandon Beane to go after ahead of Tuesday’s 4 p.m. EDT trade deadline.
Potential trade targets for the Bills
The Buffalo Bills’ defense has declined since All-Pro linebacker Matt Milano, Pro Bowl cornerback Tre’Davious White and the unheralded defensive tackle DaQuan Jones were lost to injuries earlier in the year.
If general manager Brandon Beane is willing to wheel and deal, there are more than a few ways he could address the holes on his roster before Tuesday’s NFL trade deadline. We run through some of the potential trade targets — including a few former Bills who make sense to reacquire in Minnesota Vikings’ defensive tackle Harrison Phillips and Pittsburgh Steelers’ cornerback Levi Wallace — and explore how the restructuring of starting left tackle Dion Dawkins’ contract cleared cap space for a potential trade.
- NFL trade deadline 2023: DeAndre Hopkins among 10 players Buffalo Bills should target - newyorkupstate.com
- Mueller: Five deals I’d like to see before the NFL trade deadline - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Bills trade possibilities come into focus as deadline nears: What to know - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills trade rumors: Derrick Henry, Hunter Renfrow among best deadline options to fix Buffalo | Sporting News
- Trade coming? Buffalo Bills restructure Dion Dawkins’ contract freeing up cap space - newyorkupstate.com
- Report: Bills create cap space in advance of trade deadline with Dion Dawkins deal - Buffalo News
Observations from Buffalo’s home win vs. Tampa Bay
How the Bills’ offense was able to snap out of its funk by turning to a no-huddle attack while getting more involvement from its play makers, including wide receiver Khalil Shakir, who enjoyed a career day by hauling in six catches for 92 yards. Plus, positional grades, how Buffalo’s receivers were able to pile up the yards after the catch in the win, and other key takeaways from the Bills’ 24-18 win.
- Did the Bills fix their offensive woes against Tampa? - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills blog
- Khalil Shakir makes the most of career high in snap counts - Buffalo News
- Position grades: Josh Allen’s quick trigger, RPOs, no-huddle help offense vs. Bucs - Buffalo News
- Upon Further Review: Bills pile up yards after the catch in win over Buccaneers - Buffalo News
- Bills rely on ‘flexibility’ in personnel to beat the Bucs - BuffaloBills.com
- 2023 NFL season, Week 8: What We Learned from Bills’ win over Buccaneers on Thursday night - NFL.com
- SIMON: That was more like it - WGR 550
Even more Bills news
We get an update on quarterback Josh Allen’s injured throwing shoulder, hear from head coach Sean McDermott on why he benched cornerback Kaiir Elam, and find out how rookie tight Dalton Kincaid is enjoying serving as one of Allen’s top targets.
- Allen’s shoulder is sore, but Bills came out of game healthy - WGR 550
- Buffalo Bills Coach Sean McDermott Gives Update On Benched CB Kaiir Elam - Sports Illustrated Buffalo Bills News, Analysis and More
- ‘Super special’ | Dalton Kincaid soaks up the moment as first career TD leads to Bills win - BuffaloBills.com
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- NFL Trade Deadline 2023: Five players the Buffalo Bills could target - Buffalo Rumblings
- Some cap moves the Buffalo Bills can make before the trade deadline - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs. Bucs Week 8 snap counts: The emergence of new offensive weapons - Buffalo Rumblings
- How concerning is shoulder injury for Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen? - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Rumblings Weekend Chat: How does your schedule change the day after a Bills’ night game? - Buffalo Rumblings