The Buffalo Bills (5-4) find themselves struggling to develop consistency on both sides of the ball through their first nine games of the season.
An offense that once was one of the best, most efficient in the NFL has taken a step back through the first nine games, while injuries have depleted Buffalo’s defense.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off with the news that, on Thursday, running back Latavius Murray brought the offense together for a players-only meeting before the team’s Week 10 game vs. the Denver Broncos.
Bills offense holds players-only meeting before Broncos game
With the Bills season reaching a critical juncture, and knowing the offense is capable of producing more points and clutch plays, veteran running back Latavius Murray organized a players-only meeting for the offense before the team’s practice on Thursday.
“Just wanted to bring the guys together and talk about some things and see how us as an offense can make a difference,” Murray said. “Hopefully it was received and hopefully it’s a step in the right direction.”
- Mark Gaughan: Players-only meeting shows Bills trying to circle wagons at 5-4 - Buffalo News
- Why Bills offense held players-only meeting ahead of MNF showdown vs. Broncos - newyorkupstate.com
- Players-only meeting hopes to spark Bills offense - WROC TV
- Latavius Murray called a players-only meeting for the Bills’ offense - NBC Sports
- Buffalo Bills RB Latavius Murray Calls 'Players Only' Meeting for Offense - Sports Illustrated Buffalo Bills News, Analysis and More
- Slumping Bills offense calls players-only meeting ahead of game vs. Broncos | FOX Sports
- Sean McDermott on 5-4 Bills: ‘My confidence remains high in our group’ - Buffalo News
- Graham: Remember when the Buffalo Bills used to have fun? - The Athletic (subscription required)
Thursday’s injury report
As the Buffalo Bills prepare to host the Denver Broncos Monday night, the team returned to the practice field on Thursday with a lengthy injury list. Thankfully, quarterback Josh Allen’s shoulder is “much improved” and he was a full participant in the session.
- Bills QB Josh Allen ‘much improved’ on shoulder, full participant Thursday - Buffalo News
- Bills have lengthy injury report to start week of practice - WGR 550
- Bills notebook: Buffalo secondary banged up heading into Monday’s game - Buffalo News
Second-half predictions, midseason report for Bills
Rest-of-season win projections, second-half projections and a report on the state of the Bills at the midseason point of the NFL season.
- NFL second-half predictions for all 32 teams: Keep an eye on Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Rest of season NFL win projections: Jaguars and Lions on the rise, Bills sliding - The Athletic (subscription required)
- NFL 2023 midseason report — AFC, NFC questions and stats - ESPN
Even more Bills news
How new defensive tackle Linval Joseph enjoyed a solid Bills debut, find out the cost of tickets for the Broncos clash, and hear from former Bills great Eric Moulds on why he’s grateful for his time in Buffalo.
- Off the couch and into the fire: New Bills defensive tackle had impressive debut - Democrat & Chronicle
- How much are Bills vs. Broncos tickets? Where to buy cheapest Highmark Stadium MNF seats online - newyorkupstate.com
- Eric Moulds thankful for long Bills tenure upon Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame induction - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Why are the Buffalo Bills still struggling to get the offense on track? - Buffalo Rumblings
- All-22 Analysis: The open case of Buffalo Bills WR Gabe Davis, featuring Cincinnati’s Bengals - Buffalo Rumblings
- 2023 Buffalo Bills rookie report: Week 9 at Cincinnati Bengals - Buffalo Rumblings
- Skarey Movies: Enter The Wagon, starring Buffalo Bills DT Linval Joseph - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills HC Sean McDermott’s media availability, November 9 - Buffalo Rumblings