The Buffalo Bills got some help on Sunday and can move back into playoff position with a win over the Denver Broncos on Monday night. They fell from the Wild Card spot with their loss last Sunday to the Cincinnati Bengals.
Cincy’s Week 10 loss to the Houston Texans is why the Bills have a chance to claw back to seventh in the standings. The rest of the teams in the Wild Card mix won their games in Week 10.
A win on Monday Night Football would put the 6-4 Bills into the seventh and final playoff spot. A loss, and Buffalo would be behind the Indianapolis Colts.
Here are the complete AFC standings:
1. Kansas City Chiefs (7-2)
2. Baltimore Ravens (7-3)
3t. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-3*)
3t. Miami Dolphins (6-3*)
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3, win over CLE)
6. Cleveland Browns (6-3, loss to PIT)
7+. Houston Texans (5-4, 3-2 AFC)
8+. Cincinnati Bengals (5-4, 1-4 AFC, win over BUF)
9+. Buffalo Bills (5-4, 2-4 AFC, loss to CIN) MNF
10. Indianapolis Colts (5-5, 4-3 AFC)
11. Las Vegas Raiders (5-5, 3-3 AFC)
12. Los Angeles Chargers (4-5, win over NYJ)
13. New York Jets (4-5, loss to LAC)
14. Denver Broncos (3-5) MNF
15. Tennessee Titans (3-6)
16. New England Patriots (2-8)
* Jacksonville and Miami have identical Conference records.
+ Houston, Cincinnati, and Buffalo are in a three-way tie. The first tiebreaker is AFC record, which the Texans win. Then Cincinnati has a head-to-head win over Buffalo.