The Buffalo Bills (6-5) were hoping for an offensive spark and an increase in energy when head coach Sean McDermott relieved offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey of his duties and promoted quarterbacks coach Joe Brady to take over as OC before the Bills’ Week 11 home game vs. the New York Jets.
It’s only been one game, but so far so good for quarterback Josh Allen and the Bills’ offense, which scored on six of its first eight possessions during a 32-6 win over the Jets.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off by evaluating how Buffalo’s offense fared during Brady’s debut as the team’s offensive coordinator.
Evaluating Buffalo’s offense during Brady’s OC debut
Catch up on how Joe Brady operated Buffalo’s offense during a dominant performance against the Jets, including how he dialed up more motion and lit a spark under quarterback Josh Allen in his first game as OC. We also hear Brady evaluate his OC debut, plus positional grades as the Bills salvaged a series split with the Jets, and why it looks like general manager Brandon Beane pulled off a steal of a deal when he acquired cornerback Rasul Douglas from the Green Bay Packers leading up to the NFL trade deadline.
- Mark Gaughan: Joe Brady effectively increases Bills use of motion in win over Jets - Buffalo News
- Three questions: Assessing Joe Brady’s debut and the degree of difficulty for Bills defense - Buffalo News
- Josh Allen and the Bills’ offense find a spark under interim coordinator Joe Brady - Associated Press
- ‘I believe in the guys’ | Joe Brady evaluates his first game as Bills interim OC in winning effort - BuffaloBills.com
- Kramer: Bills grades: Week 11 vs. Jets - WGR 550
- Upon Further Review: Rasul Douglas looking like a trade-deadline steal for Bills - Buffalo News
Injury updates for Taylor Rapp, Dane Jackson
The Buffalo Bills received great news Monday when it came to the status of safety Taylor Rapp, who suffered a neck injury when he collided with cornerback Taron Johnson while making a tackle in the first half of Sunday’s win over the Jets. Despite being taken off the field in an ambulance, head coach Sean McDermott said Rapp “has a chance to play on Sunday” when the Bills take on the Philadelphia Eagles.
- Buffalo Bills safety Taylor Rapp has a chance to play this week - Buffalo News
- After scary neck injury, Buffalo Bills safety Taylor Rapp might play this weekend - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills’ Taylor Rapp has shot to play Sunday despite neck injury - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills blog
- Bills Get Good News on Safety Taylor Rapp After Scary Injury - Heavy.com
Even more Bills news
We take a look at where the Bills find themselves in the crowded AFC playoff picture, plus snap counts from the win over the Jets, how wide receiver Khalil Shakir holds the record for the longest touchdown reception during the 2023 NFL season, and more!
- Where Bills stand in AFC playoff picture after win in Week 11 - Buffalo News
- What are the Bills’ playoff odds following dominant win over Jets? - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills receiver Gabe Davis not targeted despite playing nearly 90% of snaps against Jets - Buffalo News
- Khalil Shakir has longest touchdown reception in NFL this season in Bills’ win - Buffalo News
- Alan Pergament: Tony Romo’s super optimism is right medicine to soothe anxiety of Bills fans - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Injury updates from Buffalo Bills HC Sean McDermott - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs. Jets Week 11 snap counts: The Rasul Douglas show, again! - Buffalo Rumblings
- NFL seemingly validates fan opinion on Josh Allen intentional grounding call in Bills vs. Bengals - Buffalo Rumblings
- Watch: Buffalo Bills’ McDermott, Brady, and Washington discuss Week 11 win, prep for Eagles - Buffalo Rumblings