As the Buffalo Bills earned a much-needed win over the Kansas City Chiefs Sunday evening, it was apparent that second-year running back James Cook was one of Buffalo’s best, most dangerous offensive threats.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks discusses why offensive coordinator Joe Brady needs to let James “Cook” more often and offers up other thoughts from Buffalo’s 20-17 win.
Let James Cook and other thoughts from Chiefs win
James Cook is making it clear: he’s emerging as the coveted receiving threat out of the backfield that the Bills have sought out for some time. Read why Cook’s productivity as both a runner and a pass catcher should earn him more trust from Brady and more playing time, how Buffalo’s defensive line dialed up the pressure on Patrick Mahomes when it mattered most, how the Bills defense is continuing to make strides leading up to this playoff run, positional grades from Buffalo’s win, and more!
- James Cook’s production demands more playing time - Buffalo News
- James Cook, Bills defense making strides ahead of playoff run - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills blog
- James Cook’s receiving uptick, defensive line’s pressure on Mahomes key in Bills’ nail-biting win over Chiefs - BuffaloBills.com
- Upon Further Review: Finally, defense saves the day for Bills in big win - Buffalo News
- Position grades: How Sean McDermott got more aggressive vs. Patrick Mahomes - Buffalo News
- NFL Week 14 best and worst coaching decisions: Cowboys’ Dan Quinn contains A.J. Brown - The Athletic (subscription required)
- McDermott appreciative of continued support - WGR 550
S Micah Hyde, DE A.J. Epenesa ‘Week-to-week’ with injuries
Head coach Sean McDermott said safety Micah Hyde (stinger) and defensive end A.J. Epenesa (rib) are considered “week-to-week” after suffering injuries in the team’s win in Kansas City. McDermott has ruled both of them out for Sunday’s showdown with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Bills’ Micah Hyde, A.J. Epenesa not expected to be play against Cowboys - Buffalo News
- A.J. Epenesa, Micah Hyde considered ‘week-to-week’ - WGR 550
Patrick Mahomes regrets postgame tirade
After being demonstrably upset over the offside call against wide receiver Kadarius Toney, Kansas City quarterback Patrick Mahomes’ outrage carried over into his postgame exchange with Josh Allen, with Mahomes firing off a few expletives. On Monday, Mahomes expressed regret for his outburst on the sidelines and with his interaction with Allen, while Chiefs’ head coach Any Reid was still upset that a flag was thrown with no warning.
- Patrick Mahomes expresses regret for postgame tirade, especially his interaction with Josh Allen - Buffalo News
- Patrick Mahomes regrets outburst, interaction with Josh Allen - ESPN
- Patrick Mahomes regretful for reaction toward Josh Allen, officials: ‘It’s not a great example for kids’ - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes expresses regret over how he treated Bills’ Josh Allen post-game - newyorkupstate.com
- Patrick Mahomes regrets tantrum after Kadarius Toney penalty - WGR 550
- Chiefs’ Andy Reid admits Kadarius Toney was offside vs. Bills but irked refs didn’t give warning - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Chiefs’ Reid still incensed that flag was thrown with no warning for costly offside penalty - Buffalo News
- Chiefs’ Kadarius Toney turns former Buffalo Bills HC against one of his favorite things - newyorkupstate.com
Where Bills stand in AFC playoff race
The Bills got a ton of help in Week 14, beginning with their win over the Chiefs and ending with an improbable comeback victory by the Tennessee Titans over the Miami Dolphins.
- Where Buffalo Bills stand in AFC playoff picture after Dolphins’ loss Monday night - Buffalo News
- AFC playoff picture shows the Bills path to make the postseason: Here’s how - Democrat & Chronicle
Even more Bills news
Get to know new Bills offensive aide DJ Mangas, a close friend of offensive coordinator Joe Brady, and find out which announcers will broadcast Sunday’s home game between the Bills and the Dallas Cowboys.
- Buffalo Bills hire DJ Mangas, close friend of Joe Brady, as offensive aide - Buffalo News
- Alan Pergament: Bills-Cowboys announcer team, Bandits rating and more reaction to the Mahomes tantrum - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Monday pressers from Buffalo Bills coaches Sean McDermott, Joe Brady, and Eric Washington - Buffalo Rumblings
- Resilient Buffalo Bills tell HC Sean McDermott “We got your back, coach!” - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills DE A.J. Epenesa, S Micah Hyde listed as “week-to-week” entering Week 15 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs. Chiefs Penalty Recap: A lopsided performance involving flags - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs. Chiefs Week 14 snap counts: The return of Dawson Knox - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills get massive help in AFC Playoff Picture during Week 14 - Buffalo Rumblings
- A look at Buffalo Bills’ playoff chances vs. other 7-6 AFC teams - Buffalo Rumblings