From the moment he was drafted by the Buffalo Bills, left tackle Dion Dawkins has fully embraced the city of Buffalo, and Bills fans have embraced Dawkins’ larger-than-life personality.
In today's edition of the Buffalo Rumblinks, we discuss the news that, for the second consecutive year, Dawkins’ hard work and dedication to improving the city of Buffalo has earned him an important nod: as the Bills’ Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year nominee.
Dion Dawkins named Bills’ Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year nominee
Dawkins is proud of the work his foundation, Dion’s Dreamers, does to make an impact in the Buffalo and Western New York community. His commitment to giving back earned him Buffalo’s nomination for the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year award, which, according to the NFL is “the league’s most prestigious honor and acknowledges NFL players who excel on the field and demonstrate a passion for creating a lasting positive impact beyond the game.”
Among Dawkins’ philanthropic and community service efforts: Through Dion’s Dreamers, Dawkins provides “mentorship and support to those in underserved communities, as well as those in a place of mental, financial, or physical hardship. Dion’s Dreamers also aims to advocate for vulnerable populations by increasing awareness of the environmental issues that directly affect their communities,” which included his efforts to help victims and their families who were affected following the racially motivated mass shooting at Buffalo’s Jefferson Ave Tops last May. Dawkins is also a mentor to the area’s youth — working in tandem with the Big Brothers and Big Sisters organization of Buffalo, and takes great pride in finding creative ways to inspire change through events to help raise funds benefiting those most in need within and around the City of Good Neighbors.
- Dion Dawkins named Bills’ Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year nominee - Buffalo News
- ‘Buffalo embraces me’ | Dion Dawkins reflects on being named the Bills’ Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee | 2023 - BuffaloBills.com
- NFL releases Walter Payton Man of the Year Award nominees - ESPN
Updated playoff picture after Week 13
- Where Buffalo Bills stand in AFC playoff picture - Buffalo News
- Mueller: Assessing the 8 NFL teams at 6-6, for 2023 and beyond - The Athletic (subscription required)
- What are the Buffalo Bills’ playoff odds following the bye week? - newyorkupstate.com
Latest NFL power rankings
Where do the Bills find themselves in the latest power rankings coming out of their bye week?
- NFL Power Rankings, Week 14: 49ers reclaim No. 1 spot after statement win; Packers continue to rise - NFL.com
- NFL Week 14 Power Rankings 2023: How all 32 teams stack up - ESPN
- NFL Power Rankings Week 14: 49ers make a statement, plus worst-case scenarios - The Athletic (subscription required)
- NFL power rankings: Cowboys, Eagles among teams clawing for No. 2 spot - USA Today
- NFL Power Rankings: A great team this season? It always has been the 49ers - Yahoo! Sports
- PFT’s Week 14 2023 NFL power rankings - NBC Sports
- Bills search for silver lining in playoff hunt, power rankings ahead of Chiefs showdown - Democrat & Chronicle
Even more Bills news
We learn about how some of Buffalo’s assistant coaches made the NFL following humble beginnings, find out why one Bills beat writer argues that head coach Sean McDermott shouldn’t be fired — even if Buffalo fails to make the playoffs — find out how new offensive coordinator Joe Brady is bringing “a lot of juice” to the offense, and more!
- Humble beginnings: Bills assistant coaches recall start of their journeys to NFL - Buffalo News
- Maiorana: Sean McDermott should not be fired, even if he misses playoffs - Democrat & Chronicle
- Joe Brady ‘brings a lot of juice’ to Bills offense - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills blog
- NFL quarterback questions: Concerns, standouts, contracts, more - ESPN
- Josh Allen partnership helps New Wave spread brand recognition beyond Buffalo - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Dion Dawkins is Buffalo Bills 2023 Walter Payton Man of the Year Award nominee - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills drop in real standings, rise in most Week 14 NFL power rankings - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC Playoff Picture: Bills fall to 11th despite not playing in Week 13 - Buffalo Rumblings
- AFC East Roundup: What’s left? - Buffalo Rumblings