The Buffalo Bills (6-6) come out of their bye week desperately needing to string together wins to get themselves back into the playoff picture. That uphill battle begins Sunday when Buffalo travels to Arrowhead Stadium to take on the reigning Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs (8-4).
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks previews the game, discusses the key matchups to watch and identifies the top stories as the Bills look to make a statement and earn a big road win vs. the Chiefs.
Previewing the Chiefs
Among the key stories to watch as Buffalo heads to Kansas City for the third straight regular season: At 6-6, the Bills cannot afford another loss, especially to an AFC opponent, and the Chiefs represent a stiff test for the Bills; Buffalo’s defense will need to come up with a way to contain the Chiefs’ dynamic duo of quarterback Patrick Mahomes and tight end Travis Kelce; the Bills defense needs to buck the recent trend of failing to close out games late; and the Bills are a perfect 6-0 coming out of the bye week under head coach Sean McDermott. Plus, what makes Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes similar with their outstanding play on the field, and how their playing styles differ.
- Top 6 storylines to know for Bills at Chiefs | Week 14 - BuffaloBills.com
- Inside the Bills: A unique view on what makes Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes similar – and different - Buffalo News
- Will Bills-Chiefs rivalry decide Buffalo’s playoff fate? - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills blog
- PlayAction podcast: Let’s talk about the Bills playoff chances and another huge game in Kansas City - Buffalo News
- Ryan O’Halloran: Recent offensive output gives Bills GM Brandon Beane hope for five-game hot streak - Buffalo News
- Focus is key coming out of bye week against Chiefs - WGR 550
- Mark Gaughan: Sean McDermott should steal a page from Chiefs’ Steve Spagnuolo - Buffalo News
- 5 things to watch for in Bills at Chiefs | Week 14 - BuffaloBills.com
- Will Shakir step up, should Von Miller play? 3 questions for Bills vs Chiefs - Democrat & Chronicle
- Graham: Bills face a pivotal stretch amid firestorm of off-field controversy - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Chiefs next for Bills in must-win game for playoff bid: What to know - Democrat & Chronicle
Sean McDermott receives support from players
Head coach Sean McDermott was the target of an exhaustive story attacking his leadership qualities, his frequent late-game gaffes and coaching miscues, his handling of Josh Allen, and a bizarre locker room speech from training camp in 2019 that unwisely and carelessly referenced the 9/11 terrorist attack to demonstrate effective teamwork. McDermott held an impromptu press conference to address the report, stating he has received across-the-board support from Bills players and general manager Brandon Beane in the aftermath of the story being released.
- Sean McDermott offers clarification for reported 9/11 speech at 2019 training camp - Buffalo News
- Bills’ Sean McDermott used 9/11 hijackers to demonstrate good teamwork in 2019 meeting - newyorkupstate.com
- Bills coach Sean McDermott addresses controversial 2019 meeting and 9/11 analogy - Democrat & Chronicle
- Bills coach Sean McDermott - Apologized for 9/11 remarks in 2019 - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills blog
- Bills’ Sean McDermott addresses ‘mind-spinning’ fallout from 9/11 comment - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Sean McDermott says support from Bills players was ‘clear and much appreciated’ - Buffalo News
- Bills players, GM Brandon Beane support coach Sean McDermott - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills blog
- Bills observations: Players address Sean McDermott comments, turn attention to Chiefs - The Athletic (subscription required)
Even more Bills news
Read how safety Taylor Rapp is set to return to the lineup after missing the loss to the Philadelphia Eagles with a stinger, find out how much defensive end Shaq Lawson will have to pay for his shoving of a fan in Philadelphia, and more!
- Bills Notebook: Taylor Rapp set to return after missing one game with stinger - Buffalo News
- Bills defensive end Shaq Lawson fined by team for shove of fan in Philadelphia - Buffalo News
- Erik Brady: Wallace Francis looks back fondly on scoring first Buffalo Bills touchdown in Rich Stadium history - Buffalo News
- Voice of the Fan: Bills fans working through seven stages of grief - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills HC Sean McDermott dismantled in exposé by Tyler Dunne of ‘Go Long’ - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills vs. Kansas City Chiefs: H2H analysis of strengths and weaknesses - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills vs. Chiefs: A KC residency for Buffalo - Buffalo Rumblings
- Five Buffalo Bills to watch at the Kansas City Chiefs - Buffalo Rumblings
- Five Kansas City Chiefs to watch vs. the Buffalo Bills - Buffalo Rumblings