General manager Brandon Beane has done a great job building the Buffalo Bills into perennial contenders, but this offseason will be his most challenging yet as the Bills sit $18 million over the cap.
Today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks breaks down several moves that Beane and the Bills can to do acquire more cap space to address the roster’s areas of need.
Moves Bills can make to gain cap space
Brandon Beane has been praised for his ability to navigate the NFL’s salary cap, and his skills will certainly be put to the test this offseason. Listed below are links to articles discussing several moves Beane could pull off to give the Bills more cap relief, including potential contract restructures for quarterback Josh Allen, edge rusher Von Miller, wide receiver Stefon Diggs, and more. Plus, NFL pundits weigh in on what moves Buffalo should make this offseason, and a look at the way-too-early 2023 power rankings.
- Mark Gaughan: Closer look at levers Brandon Beane can pull to get Bills under salary cap - Buffalo News
- Bills are $18 million over the cap, but these money-saving moves could fix it - Buffalo Bills Blog- ESPN
- What they’re saying | National analysts predict the Bills’ offseason & assess their future in 2023 - BuffaloBills.com
- Mike Evans to the Bills for Gabe Davis? NFL salary cap expert serves up Bills offseason hot take - newyorkupstate.com
- Early NFL Power Rankings 2023: Where do Chiefs, Eagles land? - ESPN.com
- Where the Bills stand in the way-too-early 2023 Power Rankings - BuffaloBills.com
Bills add safety Zayne Anderson
The Buffalo Bills added to their safety room, agreeing with free agent Zayne Anderson on a two-year deal. Anderson spent the last two seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs after being an undrafted free agent out of BYU in 2021.
- Bills sign safety Zayne Anderson to two-year contract - WGR 550
- Buffalo Bills sign safety Zayne Anderson to two-year deal - Buffalo News
- Bills sign free agent safety Zayne Anderson - BuffaloBills.com
Even more Bills news and notes
Find out how Buffalo’s disappointing season-ending loss to the Cincinnati Bengals still bothers quarterback Josh Allen, hear why linebacker Tremaine Edmunds deserves a long-term investment following a breakout season, get to know Buffalo’s new wide receivers coach, and more!
- Bills QB Josh Allen on lingering loss to Bengals: ‘You think about it a lot. I still do’ - Buffalo News
- Buffalo Bills in Review, linebackers: Tremaine Edmunds’ breakthrough calls for long-term investment - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Report: Buffalo Bills to hire Adam Henry as wide receivers coach - Buffalo News
- Report: Buffalo Bills to hire Adam Henry as receivers coach - Democrat & Chronicle
- Former Bills coach Rex Ryan emerges as ‘top candidate’ for Broncos’ defensive coordinator - Buffalo News
- Former Bills receiver Isaiah Hodgins re-signs with New York Giants - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills sign safety Zayne Anderson to two-year contract - Buffalo Rumblings
- Mock mocking or mock marveling: ESPN’s Todd McShay has Bills taking an unexpected player - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills 2022 film review: Defensive takeaways, Part 1 - Buffalo Rumblings
- Howard Simon of WGR 550 stepping down in March - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills hire Adam Henry as WR coach, per report - Buffalo Rumblings