In June of 2022, the Pegula family — owners of the NFL’s Buffalo Bills and the NHL’s Buffalo Sabres — announced that Kim Pegula, the president of both franchises and the most prominent figure in the family, had been hospitalized due to unexpected health issues.
Nearly eight months later, after very little information came out about Kim’s health, tennis star Jessica Pegula, Kim and Terry Pegula’s daughter, revealed just how serious Kim’s health issues were in a letter for The Players’ Tribune.
Today’s edition of the Buffalo Rumblinks provides updates on Kim Pegula’s health, including the fact that she suffered a cardiac arrest last summer, required CPR as a life-saving measure, and is still recovering from the incident.
The latest on Kim Pegula’s health
According to Jessica Pegula, “my mom is still in recovery, and although it is the same answer every time someone asks me, it is true, she is improving every day. She is dealing with significant expressive aphasia and significant memory issues. She can read, write, and understand pretty well, but she has trouble finding the words to respond.”
- Kim Pegula’s medical situation revealed by daughter Jessica - Buffalo News
- Kim Pegula health issues finally revealed in update by daughter Jessica - Democrat & Chronicle
- Jessica Pegula gives major update on her mother, Bills owner Kim Pegula: ‘I am thankful she is still with us’ - newyorkupstate.com
- Jessie Pegula details Kim Pegula’s cardiac arrest, recovery - WGR 550
- Jessica Pegula: I want to talk to you about my mom - BuffaloBills.com
- Jessica Pegula - Mom Kim Pegula went into cardiac arrest in 2022 - ESPN.com Buffalo Bills blog
- Bills, Sabres owner Kim Pegula still recovering from June 2022 cardiac arrest, Jessica Pegula says - The Athletic (subscription required)
- Jessica Pegula says sister Kelly saved their mom, Kim, highlighting value of CPR education - Buffalo News
- Bills, Sabres fans show outpouring of support for Pegula family after update on Kim’s health - Buffalo News
- With Kim Pegula unable to return to leadership role with teams, others have stepped in - Buffalo News
Recapping the Bills at the Pro Bowl
The latest Bills-related news from the Pro Bowl competition, including the backstory on wide receiver Stefon Diggs’ Pro Bowl touchdown celebration.
- Photographer explains his view when Bills’ Stefon Diggs grabbed camera for Pro Bowl celebration - Buffalo News
- Buffalo Bills’ Stefon Diggs throws shade at sunny Dolphins stadium at Pro Bowl Games - newyorkupstate.com
- Buffalo Bills player calls out Raiders’ Josh Jacobs over Pro Bowl comments - newyorkupstate.com
- Kirk Cousins helps NFC pull out Pro Bowl Games victory - ESPN.com
Even more Bills news and notes
Hear how Buffalo’s young defensive ends, including A.J. Epenesa and Boogie Basham, plan to rebound from a disappointing end to the season, plus ranking the best quarterback bargains in the NFL, get to know the AFC East’s new coordinators, and more!
- Bills young defensive ends aim to take a bigger step - Buffalo News
- NFL QB bargains: Ranking best to worst, exploring who gets paid next - ESPN.com
- Ryan O’Halloran: New AFC East coordinators bring play-calling experience to face Bills - Buffalo News
- Former Bills safety Izell Reese at the forefront of flag football - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Kim Pegula health update: Jessica Pegula on the cardiac arrest and recovery - Buffalo Rumblings
- State of the 2023 Buffalo Bills roster: Quarterbacks - Buffalo Rumblings
- Bills pass protection issues vs. the Bengals - Buffalo Rumblings
- Josh Allen UCL sprain: Pre- and post-injury 2022 splits - Buffalo Rumblings
- ‘After the Snap’ podcast on NFL scripted, Tom Brady retirement, and more - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Rumblings Podcast Network manager change, staff addition - Buffalo Rumblings