The Buffalo Bills will call Highmark Stadium home until their new stadium is completed in time for the start of the 2026 season.
But while the team won’t move into its new Orchard Park, NY facility for another three seasons, today’s edition of Buffalo Rumblinks leads off by discussing the latest news on Buffalo’s new stadium, including updated figures on how much the facility will cost and new artist renderings depicting how the stadium will look.
Latest on Buffalo’s new stadium
Among the new information we gleaned about Buffalo’s outdoor stadium, set to debut in time for the 2026 season: the price tag has increased from $1.4 billion to $1.54 billion, the final agreement should be in the hands of the Erie County Legislature for review any day now, New York state has approved the project, the funds have been entered into the state’s budget, and everything is still running on time for the stadium project.
- Cost of new Bills stadium increases to $1.54 billion, officials say, as new renderings are released - Buffalo News
- New Bills stadium price tag rises, now estimated at $1.54 billion - Buffalo News
- Poloncarz: Cost of new Bills stadium has gone up - WGR 550
- Instead of debt, New York will likely use cash to fund $182 million for Bills stadium - Buffalo News
- Will new Bills stadium open on time? Here’s everything their VP said today about new stadium - newyorkupstate.com
- Where else would you rather be in 2026? Third set of New Bills Stadium Renderings revealed - BuffaloBills.com
- Buffalo Bills release latest renderings of new stadium expected to be ready by 2026 (see photos) - newyorkupstate.com
- As stadium construction begins, Bills executive Ron Raccuia says 2023 parking will be mostly the same - Buffalo News
DT Jordan Phillips returning to Buffalo
Phillips is expected to remain with the Bills on a one-year deal worth $3 million. Phillips, 30, played for the Bills in 2019, registering 9.5 sacks before signing to play with the Arizona Cardinals. He returned to Buffalo for the 2022 season, making 20 tackles in 12 games.
- Jordan Phillips is expected to sign a one-year deal to return to Buffalo Bills - Buffalo News
- Report: Bills re-sign Jordan Phillips to one-year contract - WGR 550
NFL announces cardiac arrest initiatives
Bills safety Damar Hamlin was in Washington, DC to speak at Capitol Hill introducing the Access to AEDs Act, which would increase the training and availability of AEDs on school campuses. Hamlin suffered a cardiac arrest incident and collapsed on the field following a play in the Bills’ road game vs. the Cincinnati Bengals on January 2. The quick action of first responders is widely credited with saving Hamlin’s life.
- In wake of Damar Hamlin’s emergency, NFL announces cardiac arrest initiatives - Buffalo News
- Damar Hamlin speaks at Capitol Hill to introduce Access to AEDs Act - BuffaloBills.com
- NFL helps launch initiative to prevent fatal cardiac arrest among high school athletes - ESPN.com
- A year before Damar Hamlin collapsed, a life was saved in Bills stadium parking lot - Buffalo News
Even more Bills news
Key takeaways from the NFL’s Annual Meeting, why Buffalo’s upcoming game in London promises to be a hot ticket, and remembering former Bills defensive tackle Mike Kadish.
- Ryan O’Halloran: Laura Pegula represents Bills at NFL meetings and other topics of note - Buffalo News
- NFL teams now eligible to play two Thursday night games on short rest - Buffalo News
- Bills’ London game could be second-highest pre-selling game in international NFL history, exec says - newyorkupstate.com
- Ex-Bills defensive tackle Mike Kadish dies at age 72 - Buffalo News
Recently featured on Buffalo Rumblings
- Jordan Phillips returns to the Buffalo Bills on a one-year contract - Buffalo Rumblings
- Buffalo Bills GM Brandon Beane discusses WR DeAndre Hopkins trade rumors - Buffalo Rumblings
- 2023 NFL Rule Changes include suggestions by Buffalo Bills - Buffalo Rumblings
- Poll: Will the Buffalo Bills beat their 2023 NFL Vegas odds win total? - Buffalo Rumblings
- 2023 NFL Draft film study: A look at Jaxon Smith-Njigba - Buffalo Rumblings
- All-22 Review: Buffalo Bills S Taylor Rapp - Buffalo Rumblings
- Calais Campbell won’t visit Buffalo Bills, signing with Atlanta Falcons - Buffalo Rumblings